WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Analyst, Catalog Artist Royalties
A little bit about the team:
The US Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's US record labels, Warner/Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other US business units.
The US Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's US record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Why this could be your next big break:
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for entering and maintaining record royalty rates for the applicable royalty recipient in the various record royalty systems that WMG utilizes and processing record royalty statements for the Group's record label clients.
Here you'll get to:
• Create and maintain royalty accounts information for royalty recipients in WMG's artist royalty system, including by updating the recipient's contact information and tax identification numbers as needed;
• Review and analyze recording agreements, producer agreements and other similar agreements (and any corresponding deal summaries or deal memos) for the purpose of identifying and summarizing the applicable royalty rates, related terms and payee information for a given record or recording and then enter those terms into WMG's artist royalty system;
• Provide the Income Tracking Team in the Revenue Assurance Group with direction regarding the contractual terms to be applied to third party licensing income, to ensure that royalty recipients are paid properly with respect to third party licenses.
• Provide the Royalty Audit Team with account information related to past royalty statements.
• Link individual record products to the applicable contractual terms as they have been set-up in WMG's artist royalty system in a timely manner;
• Perform and review adjustments to existing royalty rate set-ups in WMG's artist royalty system, as needed;
• Process and review quarterly and monthly artist royalty statements to ensure the accuracy of both the royalty rates applied and the underlying earnings on which royalties are being paid;
• Ensure that artist royalty statements are issued in a timely manner;
• Work with the Legal team to resolve internal/external inquires and update vendor information.
• Assist with WMG's monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes as needed by responding to information requests from WMG's Corporate and Royalty Finance Departments and the Finance Departments of WMG's US Record Labels;
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time;
• Bachelor's degree (required).
• Candidate should possess 0 to 2 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of artist royalties.
• Candidate should be prepared to work overtime toward the end of each quarterly royalty statement cycle; candidate should be prepared to schedule vacation days at times that will not conflict with these deadlines, so that their absences do not interfere with their ability to meet royalty statement deadlines.
It would be music to our ears if you also have:
• The ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• The ability to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
• The ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately; and
• Strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG. Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an e
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29mm6-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.