At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Administrative Assistant, Digital Marketing and Sales
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Our extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and our collective influence on music culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
This position would assist the SVPs of two Departments: Fan Engagement/Digital Marketing and Commercial Accounts/Revenue.
Websites, email, social media, influencers, and more – the Fan Engagement/Digital Marketing department oversees all these vital consumer touchpoints. We do more than take great #selfies! We oversee all of the ways artists communicate with their fanbase online, be it a meme that made you laugh, a tweet that made you cry, or an ad for an album you can't live without. Our mission is to acquire, engage, and retain fans with clever digital strategies and compelling content.
In a complex and ever-changing marketplace, the Commercial Accounts and Revenue team are the wizards of it all. Our team is responsible for driving revenue for our artists in a demanding and varied ecosystem. We oversee all the ways fans consume music, from streaming services like Spotify and Apple to physical retailers across the world.
Why this could be your next big break:
As an Administrative Assistant at Warner Records, you will have a front-row seat to the inner workings of a major record label. This is an opportunity for a professional who has a get-things-done, proactive, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving approach. You will support and work alongside a motivated, experienced, and incredibly busy pair of executives in our DTLA headquarters. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily prioritize a multitude of competing demands, this role is for you.
This job is comprised of 2 primary areas of responsibility: Administrative duties and Department duties. This position calls for great communication, excellent attention to detail, and a passion for both music and digital media.
Here you'll get to:
• Administrative Duties
• Manage phones and maintain calendar for appointments, calls, meetings, VIP visitors, key projects, and travel
• Arrange conference calls, in-person meetings, and offsite meetings including setting up dial-ins, booking conference rooms, coordinating attendance, ordering supplies/food, and interfacing with the A/V team
• Submit, track, and submit timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
• Coordinate travel arrangements and travel itinerary, including booking flights and hotels
• Attend calls and meetings, as requested, providing detailed and accurate recaps of the discussion with follow-up steps
• Maintain project and staff roster documents
• Order office supplies, merch, promo, and other goods
• Print, scan, photocopy, and format documents as needed
• Collect shipment information, put packages together, and deliver to mail room
• Maintain and update department time off tracker (sick, personal, and vacation days)
• Rally internal assets of the company (IT, Office Services, etc.) as needed
• Weekly set up of team meetings including arranging seating to accommodate large group, gathering and setting up audio/visual companions, etc.
• Closely work and communicate with various internal departments to answer questions, broker solutions, handle requests, and disseminate information
• Department duties
• Draft weekly updates, reports, and summary sheets for campaigns as needed using our internal suite of tools
• Daily maintenance of invoice processing including vendor set up in SAP, working with Business Affairs to determine recoupability for each project, coding in Ariba, submitting to accounts payable, and liaising with necessary parties to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner
• Perform basic design work such as resizing photos for social posting
• Submit and manage requests to other departments using JIRA, email, and other tools
• Participate in weekly brainstorms around artist content, learning from the team how to conceptualize and execute digital strategies
• Create and track SmartURLs as needed (for releases, ticket sales, streams, etc)
• Locate, curate, edit, and maintain digital libraries/databases including Sales CMS, digital marketing asset library
• Collect songs for and update playlists on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
• Review and update artist social and web properties
• Maintain invites & RSVPs for artist showcases & events
• Create tour dates for artist websites and social media (Facebook event creation, BandsInTown set up, etc)
• Work with Operations & Production team on new release scheduling and ensure content is delivered to all partners on schedule; rectify any issues that exist
• Work with accounts on delivering assets needed to market a title (i.e. cover art, pricing)
• Keep team apprised of all new release activity as it pertains to street dates, projections, & discounting.
• Create one sheets for all products in special programs, such as Black Friday, Start Your Ear Off Right, Record Store Day, etc.
• Make Keynote, PowerPoint, and account presentation materials as needed
• Maintain executive documents including IO grid, ships and scans report, soundscan information, and venue scans
• Maintain and organize monthly tour grid, collecting and submitting ticket requests for the departments
• Pull sales numbers as needed from Soundscan, Sales Inquiry, World Wide Sales, and Tableau
• Develop presentation decks for global conferences and quarterly open forums
• Research influencers, new blogs, and other partnership opportunities
• Stay up to date on new social and digital technology in the marketplace
• Other duties as assigned.
• Comprehensive experience with PC and Mac platforms, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (graphing)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of and passion for social media, music streaming. and digital platforms
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in high pressure environment.
• Effective online research methods.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 0-2 years of experience working as executive assistant
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, for
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkpn2-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.