The Workplace Tech position will work onsite or at one of the Workplace Tech Bars resolving client issues, supporting the core workplace IT equipment and productivity software.
The role is responsible for a wide variety of hardware and software support and activities. These include providing support for end user mobile and PC, Operating Systems (OS) and hardware, virtual and physical desktop environments, desktop applications and other standard enterprise solutions. In addition, the technician acts as a subject matter expert on enterprise technologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for providing support to end users including executives
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix
• Tracking hardware and software inventory, along with other technical equipment
• Use of Service Now ticketing system
• deploying new machines in a timely manner
• Installing additional applications on the new equipment
• Proactively keeping customers updated
• Working alongside management and engineering teams on planning project work
• Support on Meeting room/AV equipment
• Support on telephone equipment and systems
• Providing technical support to Executive staff as needed
% of Time Spent
• Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of desktop software and hardware
• Installs, configures and deploys desktop hardware and software, including virtual environments
• Supports day-to-day operational and support activities of the desktop computing, desktop, laptop, workstations and workplace support services
• Troubleshoots desktop software and hardware failures and identifies related network problems
• Coordinates end user installations, configurations and deployment of desktop software/hardware and other standard enterprise end user technology products
• Provides on-call support as required
• Provides physical onsite ''smart hands'' support to infrastructure teams for maintenance tasks or incident support
• Provides executive support
• Provides support to AV and VC equipment in meeting rooms and office spaces
• Provides Meeting room ''how to'' support
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
Professional/ Technical Training, Licenses or Certifications
• A+ certification
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
• Minimum of 4 years in a technical support role performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of infrastructure technology, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Microsoft Office Suite 365
• Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to mobile devices, telephony, laptops, workstations, desktops, virtual and physical environments and other workplace technology
• Problem resolution experience
• This is a day shift remote position with some required on-site work (M-F position) This position is paid overtime eligible.
The job description above is meant to be an accurate and true reflection of the requirements of this job as of the date it was prepared. The position requirements and duties of this position are subject to change over time, and the Company will attempt to update this job description as necessary in such circumstances. Notwithstanding the above, the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required by the Company. Nothing in this job description is meant to alter the at-will nature of employment of the job holder.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29nv7-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.