Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Video Engineer works closely with Director, Technical Director, Lighting Director and Camera Operators to help achieve the desired ''look'' of the studio cameras in terms of color/tone, iris/brightness, and camera matching. This role also color corrects other studio cameras (POVs, etc), on-camera video monitors and more. This position is required to understand and operate each of the various video/audio/control systems in the Camera Control Unit (CCU) Room as well as each studio. At times, it is necessary to set up and/or work on multiple studio shows simultaneously.
• Prepare cameras required for each production (includes studio cameras, POVs and others) by selecting the proper Camera Type, Mount, Lens and System
• Collaborate with the Lighting Director to achieve the desired and balanced ''look'' for each shot. This involves lighting and studio camera adjustments in terms of detail, color, light/brightness, iris setting, depth of field, etc. for each studio element.
• Collaborate with the Technical Director to set and connect (fax) the cameras with the Production Control Room
• During the production of the show actively monitor and adjust camera color and iris as needed for all studio cameras as well as outside, incoming feeds (NBATV Arena Link/Interview/Etc.)
• Help the Video Engineer team to manage the camera equipment inventory. Identify the need for parts and/or maintenance and reaching out to Production Engineering (BEST) for assistance
• 8 – 10 years of experience operating as a Video Engineer for multi camera studio/remote productions
• Knowledgeable of current industry standards
• Knowledge of video signal flow and video router operation
• Must have a strong understanding of how to read control/test equipment (waveform monitors, vector scopes, timing equipment, color correctors, etc.)
• Knowledge of color matching and shading of cameras using color chart (able to chip and chart cameras)
• Must have strong leadership skills as well as excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
• Takes ownership and accountability for assigned projects
• Able to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
The Nice to Haves
• Understanding of 4k technology
• Sony Camera Certification
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z391-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.