New York, NY
Studio Operator (Temporary)
WarnerMedia seeks a Studio Operator for the CNN department.
• News production editing (day/week's stories or ''features''), long-form documentary and program post-production, stylized program elements (show opens, elements and teases) and complex and creative promotional content.
• The Creative Services Editor/Producer incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing content while incorporating and adhering to defined editorial & journalistic standards.
• The Creative Services Editor/Producer's responsibilities include collaboration on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking, meeting metadata requirements as well as producing & creating visual elements (video and graphical) and distinctive storytelling.
• The Creative Services Editor/Producer fulfills these responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial and creative expertise in the craft of editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects.
• The responsibilities will be completed under traditional news production deadlines to present this content in a timely manner for each topical presentation.
• Responsibilities will also include required administration and documentation support.
• Minimum Experience includes equivalent of 2 years' experience in a professional news environment, proven editorial judgment, 2 years of demonstrated technical and creative expertise in editing and producing disciplines.
• Long Form documentary style editing includes finishing shows, including color correction and audio sweetening, experience with show open and promotional work.
• Design and compositing skills are included in order to craft a highly and visually stylized product.
• Desirable experience (not mandatory) includes CNN Image + Sound experience and or previous collaborative efforts, experience with existing CNN Creative Services tools, including but not limited to Final Cut Studio suite of tools, Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on After Effects, Visual Effects Plug-Ins; Sapphire, Boris, or others.
• Educational requirements include: Bachelor's Degree (typically in Liberal Arts such as Journalism, Technical Production, English, Political Science, History or similar course work) or demonstrable and relevant professional work experience.
• The following on-the-job behaviors will be demonstrated by the successful candidate: A demonstrable interest and proficiency in the end-to-end video production workflow, including technical skill development/enhancements, traditional editorial based functions from story pitching, field production, scripting as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry and includes leadership, technical and editorial mentoring/coaching/training.
• Collaboration: peer-to-peer, with partners and department management.
• Innovation: consistent skill enhancement through normally accessible tools and aforementioned collaborations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jjm7-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.