Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Staff Software Engineer for the Media Supply Chain: Mastering, Archive & Localization Technologies department.
The Staff Software Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The position is the lead engineer for one or more multi-disciplinary software development teams (i.e. scrum teams) and is directly responsible for the software product, including design and technology decisions for enterprise media and content software components. The Staff Engineer will be responsible for hands on development, managing product launches and software maintenance from inception to launch and through continuous delivery. Under the direction of the Director, Content Software Engineering, the Staff Engineer will assign work, evaluate work product, mentor and provide input to the other software engineers on the team. The Staff Software Engineer must collaboratively partner across the organization to understand WarnerMedia business functions and content requirements and translate those into working software features and services to allow Warner Bros. to continue to innovate content management and distribution techonologies.
• Design, engineer, and develop core functionality and components for applications and services, in support of various content management platforms and applications. Starting with business needs and objectives, create functional and technical specifications and execute against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Supervise and mentor engineers, perform code reviews and help select the best technologies to meet project objectives and requirements. Requires talking with product managers and owners for implementing solutions for business problems.
• Develop and implement leading practice standards for software development, build and deployment automation.
• In consultation with internal and external developers, develop and enforce WB Technology code standards and best practices for development of applications
• 8+ years software development experience required
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Technical Knowledge/Skills in the following areas:
• Expert level experience with source code and knowledge repositories such as git, jira, or equivalent systems.
• Expert level experience developing in AWS at scale leveraging core services such as Lambda, RDS, and ec2.
• Significant experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, or equivalent
• Experience leading a team through a full SDLC, providing feedback, training and supervision
• Proficient in a Linux environment
• Significant experience leading code reviews
• Solid understanding of core DevOps principles
• Expert level proficiency in the SDLC in an agile environment
• Advanced systems design and architecture considering the short and long terms
• Ability to evaluate and choose technologies through the creation of proof of concepts
• Able to effectively demonstrate new functionality and features on a regular basis
• Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business preferred
• Familiarity with image processing, standards and tools (exif, xmp, etc)
• Experience mentoring and leading developers
• Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyky5m-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.