Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: App Infrastructure & Opps department. As a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer in our Application Infrastructure & Operations (AIO) Team, you will help strategize, design, and build our cloud infrastructure and write infrastructure automation software used by AIO and other groups throughout WB. This individual will be exposed to a variety of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure and will architect and develop our current and future set of best practices for how to run and manage applications within a highly agile DevOps culture.
This individual should have a background in either Linux Systems Engineering or Application Software Engineering and must have experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and in supporting high-traffic, public facing web applications. Experience in one or more programming or scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PHP, Java etc. is a must.
• Serve as subject-matter expert in topics related to web hosting architecture, such as high availability, CI/CD, performance analysis, scaling, SSL, local and global load balancing, caching, and troubleshooting.
• Recommend web hosting architectures and design web hosting solutions.
• Develop and maintain operational procedures for running Internet/Intranet application environments, including CI/CD pipelines, DNS, middleware configuration, AWS' serverless technologies, load balancer configuration, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
• Monitor resource usage, plan resource capacity including cost analysis.
• Address escalated issues from first-level support team and lead group-troubleshooting sessions.
• Develop, maintain, review, and approve documentation in accordance with group procedures.
• Develop and maintain custom internal tools and scripts to automate the management of servers and systems.
• Participate in prioritizing, coordinating, planning, executing, and closing projects and tasks to produce the required deliverables.
• Research product and technical data in order to recommend products, technologies, and processes for ongoing projects.
• Act as a mentor for other team members.
• Lead group-brainstorming sessions.
• Plan and execute application and content serving solutions by configuring, managing, and troubleshooting infrastructure, middleware, and related applications.
• Keep DevOps and other teams updated on changes to architecture and infrastructure standards and tooling.
• Keep operations and project teams well informed of changes regarding status of assigned tasks.
• Create and deliver presentations to DevOps or other teams and to management.
• Communicate with clients regarding maintenance, incidents, and projects.
• 7 years of experience building and operating large-scale, highly available web application hosting environments.
• 3 years hands-on experience with AWS and/or Azure.
• 3 years design and implementation of continuous delivery and/or DevOps solutions or architecture patterns.
• Extensive experience in automation, orchestration, configuration management tools and methodologies.
• Solid understanding of Linux system administration.
• Advanced AWS and Azure skillset and knowledge of its various services.
• Experience in automation scripting using one or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, Java, or Ruby.
• Experience with management of the following software/tools: Apache, NodeJS, MySQL, WordPress, MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL databases, caching solutions such as Redis, Memcached, WAF solutions, Terraform, ELK, Splunk, Git Hub, Git Lab, Jenkins, Docker, and CDNs.
• Cloud based services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS).
• Project management SDLC's and Agile methodologies, project planning, project design, resource allocation, utilization analysis, etc.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must possess the ability to meet deadlines in an efficient manner.
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
• Ability to understand and perform efficiently within both technical and business constraints.
• Ability to proactively identify future needs and create a plan to meet those needs.