SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sr. SAP Hana and DB2 Database Administrator will evaluate and support adoption of new database technologies and features, database related projects, and compliance reporting. This position is accountable for engineering new infrastructure and cloud services, automating database infrastructure deployments, inventory related reporting, serving as technical point of escalation for database operations, reviewing change/access requests, and reducing TCO. Emphasis on database security, performance, and capacity management. This role requires collaboration with database service providers, application, and infrastructure owners as a database subject matter expert.
• Security hardening and compliance related database administration that often involve writing technical documentation and developing scripts (mostly Korn shell and Python).
• Assist with architecture and roadmap as it relates to the HANA development and runtime engines, database integration, and rationalizing least privileges and separation of duties.
• Migration and on-going support enhancements of database services to cloud service providers such as AWS and SAP cloud.
• Plan and support database security compliance activities, database system enhancements with focus on high availability, DR, performance optimization, and reduced TCO.
• Rationalize deployment of SAP Solution Manager and 3rd party tools in support of public and private cloud database services.
• Track and optimize database service management and costs including capacity management, database instance counts, support requirements, and license management.
• Review and approve database related changes, access requests, escalation handling, root cause analysis reports.
• Project manage cloud and on premises database related initiatives involving multiple technical teams and business stakeholders.
• Perform DBA support functions for multiple environments and partnering with technical and business groups.
• HS Diploma/equivalent required
• 5+ years SAP database administration experience required
• 5+ years system sizing and performance management experience required
• 4+ years IBM Db2 and/or HANA database experience
• 3+ years with Cloud hosting database experience (preferable AWS, Azure, SAP Cloud or similar)
• 2+ years working with database cluster configurations for High Availability and disaster recovery
• Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
• OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Communicate effectively and respectfully with all levels of personnel
• Pay close attention to complex details and understand both written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw186-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.