Senior Analyst, Technology Governance and Policy
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Data Engineer for the Media Supply Chain: Mastering, Archive & Localization Technologies department. The Sr. Data Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization, the position will be responsible for the design and implementation of search and data relationship functionality within the Media Supply Chain. The Sr. Data Engineer must have experience with data modeling, modern database technologies, and API driven search design and development. The Sr. Data Engineer will mentor and lead engineers, make technology and design decisions, and partner across the organization in a collaborative manner to achieve results for our mission critical content and data management and distribution applications.
The Media Supply Chain – Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to its global customers
The Media Supply Chain – Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile software and technology solutions which are highly reliable, automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and global platforms & partners.
• Develop and provide support for core functionality and components for applications and service in support of various content platforms by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation while mentoring and leading a team of engineers.
• Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WarnerMedia (WM) Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
• Evaluate software products and vendors for WM Technology and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure WM Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications
• 6+ years data engineering experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• AWS Developer Certification preferred
• Elasticsearch or Mongo certification preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in data modeling and data structures
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in one or more modern NoSQL database technologies such as Mongo, Cassandra, Neptune and Neo4j
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in ELK stack suite of tools – Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
• Expertise / experience in sizing, modelling, and deploying multi-node NoSQL DB mongo clusters – replica sets or sharded clusters
• Proficient in one or more modern query languages such as Elasticsearch query DSL and mongo aggregation frameworks. Cypher and Gremlin preferred but not required
• Experience in data streaming technologies such as Amazon Kinesis and/or Apache Kafka
• Proficient in API design and development, specifically REST APIs. Experience in GraphQL is highly preferred but not required
• Familiar with microservices patterns
• Highly proficient in at least one modern programming language such python, java, or node.js. Bash experience preferred
• Demonstrated expertise and experience in deploying containerized application using Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent
• Experience with source code and knowledge repositories such as git, jira, or equivalent systems.
• Experience in one or more cloud provider technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP
• Proficient in a Linux environment
• Proficient in core DevOps principles
• Proficient in the SDLC in an agile environment
• Advanced Systems design and architecture
• Experience mentoring developers preferred
• Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary.
• Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.