The Senior BIT Engineer will provide agile tech support of News and Post Production IT systems for WarnerMedia globally. This experienced engineer will define workflow related requirements, evaluate solution options, order, install, configure, and provide comprehensive support for desktop computing & VDI environments, local & cloud file storage & VMs, remote & cloud editorial, VFX and artist systems, desktop, server and cloud hosted software applications, digital media playback systems, local area networks, encrypted drives and other peripheral devices.
The Broadcast & IT Systems Engineer requires a solid understanding of technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance and installation in a fast-paced production environment.
A working knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
Turner BEST teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in house service management system(s).
A willingness to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
Shift work on a rotating schedule is necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing first class support to our partners across the broadcast and post production facilities including evening live event coverage, after hours on-call support and occasional travels.
• Provide hands-on technical support and resolution to all incidents and tasks for WarnerMedia's Editorial, Ingest, Sports, and Graphics systems and workflows including all attached peripherals and applications.
• Review tickets for accurate resolution notes, adding or updating information as needed.
• Create knowledge articles in ServiceNow for Tier 1 reference.
• Install, configure, deploy and support Mac & PC desktop hardware and software, including virtual desktop environments.
• Patch & remediate security vulnerabilities on desktop computers, servers, and infrastructure devices manually and using automated patch tools (e.g. JAMF)
• Investigate complex hardware problems by contacting vendors and other WM Technology resources to resolve incidents and develop solutions.
• Effective collaboration with team members to help evaluate and test system hardware and software and to create standard operating procedures.
• Effective communication with partners for feedback, updates and information gathering.
• Lead project development and implementation including system design, scope, quotes and preparation of bill of materials.
• Participate in or provide peer training on systems and workflows.
• Provides on-call support for the above technologies around the world as required after hours
• Maintain and track inventory of shared workstations, servers, Cintiq tablets, iPads, and other peripherals.
• Procure software and hardware as needed for productions.
• Be the subject matter expert in at least one area of technology we support.
• Lead support or project meetings as needed.
• Willingness to understand and learn our users workflows to the extent needed for technical troubleshooting
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline;
• 7+ years of experience in a Broadcast IT environment or similar environment.
• Expert level skills in systems and storage configuration and administration with SAN and NAS technologies. Particularly in Quantum StorNext File System, Opendrives, Netapp, graphics creation software, video editing software, Windows/Linux server administration.
• Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Adobe products primarily in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and other applications including VizRT, Pro Tools and Davinci Resolve.
• Experience with file based workflows, compression methods and understanding of Media and Project asset management concepts and architecture are a big plus but not a requirement.
• Experience in project management and strong understanding of Post Production technical workflows.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
The Nice to Haves:
• Ability to prioritize work, anticipate needs, and maintain a level head in a fast moving & demanding environment.
• Must be self-driven and a good oral and email communicator, as this role will often work alone with minimal technical supervision.
• Must be able to lift and install servers in racks.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have strong client service orientation.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11eje-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.