The Software Engineer will design, develop, and document systems supporting and integrating internal platforms that enable consumption of sports content across various screens and devices. This role is also responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems, and workflows.
NCAA – Who We Are
The NCAA software engineering team builds scalable, resilient solutions for deploying a consolidated codebase supporting the brand and company objectives. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for enabling editorial staff to distribute content to their fans.
NCAA – Mission
Our mission is to delight our consumers and partners with easy-to-use, innovative, and reliable solutions and enable them to meet or exceed their various strategic objectives.
• Prototype, code/build and guide the development of scalable & reliable cloud software systems.
• Work with analysts, project managers, product managers and other management to understand existing processes & systems.
• Troubleshoot and fix bugs, security vulnerabilities, operational issues and document best practices, application diagrams and coding standards.
• Decide best practices for disseminating information about standards and systems with other team members and cross-functionally with other teams.
• 2+ years' experience programming with a modern development language, preferably with object-oriented web and cloud-based development, PHP, node.js, SQL, or other languages/technologies.
• 2+ years' experience with version control systems like GitHub and BitBucket.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture.
• Drive to learn about emerging technologies, code pipelines, and CI/CD.
• Demonstrated understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (e., Oracle, SQL Server, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.).Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues.
• Facilitate the sharing of knowledge across employees to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs.
The Nice to Haves
• Able to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development.
• Able to be a self-starter and to multitask.
• Able to excel in an agile development environment and create a positive influence.
• Able to give and receive candid feedback.
• Eager to learn and grow.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89j4q-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.