The Workplace Senior Technician supports core workplace IT equipment and productivity software. The role is responsible for a wide variety of support and maintenance activities.
These include providing support for escalations from Workplace Technicians for end user mobile, desktop Operating Systems (OS) and hardware, virtual and physical desktop environments, desktop applications and other standard enterprise solutions.
In addition, the Senior technician acts as a subject matter expert on Client Technologies, as a training/knowledge resource for junior technicians and as an entry point for Engineering changes.
• Provides support for for mobile, desktop, laptop, workstations and workplace support technologies
• Provides senior technical troubleshooting incident and problem resolution for Workplace Support escalations
• Plans detailed requirements for new and changed client facing solutions
• Provides design input for solution planning and building
• Assesses client facing technologies, desktop and mobile, and end user services performance and stability
• Works with Engineering teams on environment changes, resolving issues and new rollouts
• Tests pilot versions for new and changed services and applications
• Coordinates rollouts regionally
• Creates solution documentation and T2 knowledge
• Executive support escalation for incidents and requests
• Escalation point for regional technicians
• Testing/accepting changes to the desktop
• Problem management (for example performance issues)
• Change management (technical review and Efficiencies/Streamlining for support)
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
Education, Certifications and Licenses
• A+ certification
• ITIL Certification desired
• A+ certification
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
• Experience in technical support role performing installation, repair and maintenance of desktop software and hardware
• Experience supporting junior technicians
• Must have a level of proficiency in internet, email, and Microsoft programs
• Able to develop, understand and evaluate changes to the enterprise IT, and has knowledge of IT components, services operations
• Good awareness of ITIL standards and best practice within operational environments
• Expert knowledge of systems management platforms such as SCCM and their integrations (feeds)
• Good knowledge of tools used for scanning IT environments
• Experience working in a multinational environment
• Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages are a plus as the candidate is required to work with stakeholders around the region
• Good background in delivering via standards, process, and procedures
• Full understanding of desktop architecture (Win 10, MAC OS)
• Very strong technical knowledge of Office 365
• Experience providing second- and third-line support across Windows and Mac desktop management systems
• Ability to resolve and diagnose the cause of problems in the current state Windows Workstation platform and implement a fix
• SCCM experience. Knowledge of: Software deployment, Software updates, Operating System Deployment and Reporting
• Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and interpersonal skills. Good English-speaking skills. Working with teams across multiple time-zones.
• Several years' experience hands-on building an enterprise Windows and MAC platform
• Windows 10 build and deploy experience, on an enterprise level
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate in terms understandable to end users at all levels
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities.
• Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
• Ability to train junior technicians in core processes and procedures
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxm09-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.