Monolith Productions' Core Technology Team is expanding its Graphics group to include a Senior level engineer specifically focused on graphics simulations. This person should have an in depth understanding of physics simulations such as cloth, fluids, and soft and rigid body physics. They should also have a solid background in modern, real-time rendering systems and experience working in the latest graphics API's. As a Senior Graphics Engineer on our Graphics team you will work closely with the Principal Graphics Engineer and the rest of your peers on the Graphics and Runtime teams to develop state-of-the-art rendering technology for the PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC and any new platforms we adopt.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both Graphics specific and general engineering systems.
Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Graphics department's Principal Engineer on issues of technical design and close collaboration with members of our Runtime team on platform level work. You will also work closely with our senior technical artists, lighting artists and other content development experts on requirements gathering and iteration on any feature development you tackle.
• Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers in identifying opportunities for improvements to our renderer and helping establish overall technical design and architecture of systems in your domain
• Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• Review the work of other engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
• 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
• Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
• Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained major rendering systems for a published game
• Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained various simulations running on CPU and/or GPU
• Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
• Experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GCM, etc.)
• Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred)
The Nice to Haves
• Experience developing for PC and modern-day console systems
• Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
• Experience developing first or third person action games
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81nzk-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.