Our WarnerMedia Legal Operations team is seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Paralegal with expertise in the areas of corporate governance and entity management. This role is responsible for managing WarnerMedia's entity portfolio, with a focus on our domestic entities, and will be handling all aspects of corporate governance matters. This support includes ensuring that the company is properly exercising its fiduciary duties, drafting and reviewing documents related to aligned entities, including formation documents, board and shareholder meeting minutes, and other compliance documentation.
This role requires the ability to coordinate, and project manage numerous stakeholders across all levels of the organization to effectively collaborate on key projects. A qualified candidate should excel at pro-active planning and experienced in coordination with cross-functional teams to effectively support the corporate structure. Moreover, this Senior Corporate Paralegal will belong to a team of global paralegals and corporate secretaries dedicated to successfully maintaining our corporate governance records; this includes the ability to collaborate, effectively communicate, and share expertise on local legal requirements.
• Preparation of corporate entity filings for domestic and foreign entities; maintenance of minute books; drafting of corporate documents such as resolutions, board of director changes, annual reports, entity formation and qualification documents, officer certificates and operating agreements, withdrawals, name changes, and tracking registrations/ filing annual reports (600+) US subsidiaries. Obtain apostilles and other legalizations of corporate records. Provide information, copies of documents and certificates to a wide range of internal and external clients including Tax, Finance, HR, Payroll and Treasury Departments, as well as, vendors, clients, outside counsel and internal counsel.
• • Provide attorneys with administrative support for activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, formations, and dissolutions. Coordinating and receiving board and committee signatures for documents and materials. Maintain database of legal entities, especially, D&O, registrations, and annual reports.
• • Working with other members of the Legal Operations organization on special projects and initiatives.
• Minimum of six to eight years of relevant work experience in a reputable legal environment or in-house media industry. Entity management knowledge and expertise required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; paralegal certificate preferred
• Notary Public preferred
• Detail-oriented; works well under pressure
• Strong work ethic, learns quickly, takes responsibility, and works both independently and as a contributing team member
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional demeanor
• Establishes priorities in managing multiple projects simultaneously, efficiently coordinates work activities and provides quick turnaround without compromising quality
• Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, respect, and integrity
• Exercises good judgment and recognizes when to ask for help or escalate issues
• Demonstrates strong people skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels and in all areas of the organization
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail and strong computer skills (Office365, hCue, iManage, SharePoint, Smartsheet)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98w87-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.