WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Engineer for the Video Other department.
The Sr. Engineer is integral to the support of Video products at WarnerMedia. This role helps ensure quality products and live events across most of the WarnerMedia brands like CNN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, TCM, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, NBA, NCAA, and MarchMadness. The role will also be critical to delivering our digital products across a wide variety of platforms including HTML5, Roku, Chromecast, Mobile, and Connected Devices. This role will work closely with our Video SDK development teams, our application and product teams, and our backend services team. The Support Team is expected to shift schedules to be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed to support key tent pole events, concentrating on consumption of Video, as well as TVE Authentication and Authorization workflows. We work in a very fluid and agile environment with solid development practices including code pull requests/review, automated testing, continuous integration, and frequent deployments.
• The Sr. Support Engineer will be expected to learn our video platform and ecosystem from broad and architectural context .
• The Sr. Support Engineer will also participate in daily scrums, bi-weekly retrospectives, cross-functional integration and testing sessions, and client meetings as needed.
• We have a fun and friendly team atmosphere and we will be looking for someone who is both a technical fit and a good team fit.
• 8+ years of experience developing and/or operating and supporting digital products
• Strong communication and customer interaction skills
• Strong knowledge of user device and web environments
• Experience and Interest with Video Familiarity with Mobile and Connect Device platforms
• Knowledge and interest in video stream protocols
• Knowledge and interest in ad technology
• Agile Development experience4 year college degree or equivalent experience
• Other preferred skills: Web/HTML5 experience iOS and/or Android background
• Roku background
• Automation and QA experience
• Networking experience
• Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks, esp.
• Akamai AWS/GCP/Azure knowledge
• Ability to work in a fast paced, agency/start-up type environment is a must.
• Specific skill set should include building client applications across Desktop, Mobile Web, Mobile apps and/or Streaming Media Devices.
• Video industry background preferred.
• Experience across the product development life cycle, from analysis to support with strong customer service and communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97bn4-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.