WarnerMedia is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Advertising and Content & Other Revenue team within Global Business Services (GBS).
WarnerMedia, an AT&T company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation; young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. WarnerMedia brands and businesses include CNN, HLN, HBO, Warner Brothers, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports.
Global Business Services Overview: As trusted business advisors, the Global Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across WarnerMedia's global businesses. Global Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders.
Specific Group Overview: The Advertising and Content & Other Revenue team supports the accounting activities for Domestic and International News Ad Sales including all networks and websites across Entertainment, Young Adults, Sports, and News Segments. As part of this process, the team is responsible for ensuring the proper accounting treatment for new and complex transactions; ensuring internal controls are in place and collaborating with various internal and external operational groups.
Senior accountant's responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the day-to-day accounting activities.
• Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
• Senior accountants may prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
• Senior accountants will analyze, complete and communicate detailed variance analyses.
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
• Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
• Assist in the analysis of process improvements to existing processes and deliverables.
• Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of Global Business Services and ABS stakeholders.
• Reports to the Accounting Manager of Advertising and Content & Other Revenue team .
• 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Masters degree and/or CPA is desired.
• 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
Well-qualified Senior Accountant candidates:
• Experience leading teams and/or projects as well as reviewing work products of others is preferred.
• Senior accountants should have advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
• High level of learning agility – ability to learn new processes quickly and identify key internal controls.
• Self-starter and works with limited direction and take full ownership of areas of responsibility.
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
• Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
• Detail-oriented and high energy.
• Team player who embraces change.
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint is preferred.
Other desired experience:
• Experience in the Media industry.
• PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
• Technical accounting research and memo writing.
• Experience in financial reporting and accounts receivables.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55800-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.