CNN Master Control airs the most live hours in the country. We must be highly flexible, organized, and efficient in a changing environment prioritizing air above all else. Our staff prefer to work in a team environment while also performing effectively alone with minimal supervision. We are the integrators at the crux of all live broadcasts; responding to and supporting our clients as needed.
This position requires the ability to utilize knowledge to act decisively to recover multiple signals seamlessly when unexpected issues arise. We must be open to new ideas as well as quickly grasping new technology and production methods. Innovation and cooperation are the price of admission. A solid work ethic and a positive approach to the job are the foundation of a long success in our department.
• Integrate playout of all live content, breaking news and original programming with commercial, graphic and other elements
• Ensure channels meet CNN quality standards through preparation, attention to detail and keen awareness
• Act as frontline expertise on multiple software systems both on site and virtualized
• Collaborate with multiple partners to deliver content seen around the world on any device
• Manage commercial, promotion and programming playlist in a live and fluid environment
• Document changes critical to the processing of commercial revenue and issue resolution
• College degree or equivalent prior experience
• Two to three years of master control, live production, or comparable experience
• You're a live content junkie across all platforms. You want to be a part of major world events.
• Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment
The Nice to Haves
• Fluency in Spanish
• IT certification or training
• Client service experience of any kind
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxw63-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.