Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
This role drives revenue growth by identifying and initiating new business opportunities in fashion, home, food, health and beauty categories for licensing in North America. Working with the respective lines of business, the manager will research white space opportunities, identify top potential licensees in that space, estimate the size of the revenue potential, initiate conversations and pitch new business opportunities. The manager will negotiate business terms in consulation with the respective category manager and help bring new licensees on board. The manager supports business leaders by assisting in developing business plans, category strategies, white space development and revenue goals.
• In consultation with category managers & leaders, develops white space analysis across multiple lines of business and franchises using internal and external research tools
• Creates mid-term financial forecasts for new business opportunities
• Initiates new relationships from pitch to deal submission including negotiating deal points in collaboration with category manager
• Interfaces frequently with senior management providing business updates, internal and external formal presentations and participates in strategy discussions
• Identifies and applies competitive and industry key learnings, trends & data to everyday decision-making, including POS
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• 5 plus years of experience in Licensing industry with background in multiple categories required
• BA/BS degree in business or related field required
• MBA a plus
• Strong licensing acumen and relationship skills
• Proven ability to execute strategic and operational plan
• Strong business development skills with experience driving white space development and initiating new business independently
• Solid negotiating skills with ability to participate in complex licensee agreements
• Proven strategic skills including market analysis to identify growth opportunities & developing roadmaps for execution
• Proven financial responsibility with revenue track record; demonstrated analytical reporting skills
• Strong collaboration and partnership skills
• Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively cross-functionally and with senior management
• Ability to create & deliver pitches and presentations
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational/leadership and planning skills required including excellent project management skills
• Strong and varied computer software knowledge required (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently, with flexibility and adaptable under time & resource constraints
• Knowledge of retail landscape: key retailers, set dates, buying cycles, sell-in process, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxv02-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.