The Graphics Artist position will design and produce still and animated daily graphic content for Live News and Feature Programming. Communicate with producers, graphic supervisors, and other design team members to support daily graphics requests. Expert multi-tasker, able to support daily news requests while working on ancillary projects and requested elements as assigned by Graphics Supervisors. Produce high quality design under tight deadlines while maintaining strict accuracy and visual clarity.
• Passionate about strong compositional and layout design that helps push the visual needle forward.
This position is at the driver seat to champion new methods and approaches to our daily graphic storytelling.
• Graphic Artist will effectively evaluate and manage time, resources and deadlines to produce desired products both individually and as part of a team.
• Collaborate with producers to create with graphics that most effectively convey the intended message.
• Keep up to date on show looks and work with the edit teams
• Will work with Graphics Supervisors, co-workers and show production staff to determine needs and facilitate execution of projects.
• Point person for daily news requests who can diplomatically make suggestions to lead clients towards more effective results.
• Thorough understanding of CNN Design standards and Style is appropriately applied and advocated on all projects. Sound editorial thinking applied when producing graphics in support of news content.
• Exhibits exceptional branding skills. Is equally able to develop branding and work within style guides.
• Keeps up with current news events and assesses how these can be effectively supported with graphics.
• Actively contributes to Design team's file management and housekeeping across all systems.
• Requires creativity, organization, maturity and ability to meet specific deadlines under stressful production conditions.
Embraces working in a diverse, collaborative environment and is willing to train and assist other designers on various levels. Actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department.
• Must have ability to work with and take direction from others.
• Passionate about design with a strong internal drive to learn and grow.
• Must have ability to work varied hours as required to produce finished products.
• Expert knowledge of related graphic design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop and illustrator). Microsoft Suite
• Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours, including overnight hours
• Reel/work examples required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3nm2-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.