Simon & Schuster
London, United Kingdom
Financial Controller 8 month FTC
Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of timely and accurate financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. To provide operational and finance support to the CFO.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organisational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
• Co-ordinate the distribution of monthly reporting to key stakeholders (including Dashboards and quarterly management accounts to the Board of Directors and Royalty statements to Studios)
• Manage the finance shared service functions
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
• Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
• Process payroll in a timely manner
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
• Ensure that required royalty payments are made on a timely basis
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Provide and maintain a robust studio contract legal database, process and adequate controls to flow into the rights management system
• Establish and maintain treasury arrangements to deliver improved return on cash deposits without material exposure to risk and maintaining reasonable access to invested capital
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of the annual financial statements
• Produce timely and accurate financial reports including, but not limited to:
• Monthly dashboard reporting the company's performance (revenue, profit and loss account and cashflow) versus budget, prior year and rolling forecast for submission to the board of directors
• Quarterly management accounts for submission to the board of directors
• Daily / Weekly sales targets by market, territory and sales reporting line
• Weekly Accounts receivable report
• Monthly royalty reporting
• Monthly materials spend analysis
• Monthly Credit note analysis
• Monthly Outstanding Box Office returns analysis
• Quarterly commissions reports
• Quarterly FX analysis
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Provide a system of management cost reports
• Provide financial analyses as needed for pricing decisions and contract negotiations
• Keep the business plan under review and monitor the company's progress by reference to it, ensuring it is rolled forward when appropriate
• Produce timely sales reporting to assist in the strategic objectives of the company.
• Develop business plans for new business opportunities
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
• Ensure compliance with government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Champion the implementation of a new suite of IT systems to the finance team, encouraging learning and development.
• Develop and deploy finance systems and processes in any new entities created by the company both domestically and overseas.
• Continually review, challenge and then implement changes to the accounting and management information to provide maximum insight into company performance
• Proven working experience as a Finance manager in progressively more responsible positions
• ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
• 9+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (UK GAAP essential)
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and with the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure to deadlines as required
• Pro-active self-starter with ability to question current processes and procedures
• Excellent IT skills with advanced Excel
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Experience in content distribution or a media company is highly desirable
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8npn-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.