Fraud Analyst, Business Operations, Skyshowtime
London, United Kingdom
Warner Bros. Entertainment inc. is a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company and a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment and their related businesses. A WarnerMedia company, the Studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry, from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD and Blu-ray, digital distribution, animation, comic books, videogames, product and brand licensing, and broadcasting.
As Financial Accountant, Compliance and Reporting, you will take ownership of all statutory reporting for specific business units within the UK (Studios and Games).
• Timely preparation of tax packs and statutory accounts
• Assist with management of the external audit process
• Indirect tax (VAT) compliance and reporting
• Direct tax (corporation and PAYE) compliance, forecasting and reporting
• Assist with management of the statutory audit process including planning, fieldwork and finalisation, through liaison with the external auditor, business unit finance teams, tax team at Warner Media and senior management
• Preparation of draft extended trial balances, tax packs, statutory accounts in One Source (Thomson Reuters software) and all related documentation through partnership with the business unit finance teams
• Liaison with finance teams in business units and tax team at Warner Media on all aspects of tax reporting, including preparation of quarterly tax forecasts and information required for annual corporation tax returns
• iXBRL tagging within One Source, the accounts production software tool
• Responsibility for preparation of accurate VAT, Intrastat and ECSL returns and timely payment of VAT liabilities
• Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) returns
• Liaison with WB Legal regarding legal issues, WM Treasury regarding treasury issues and company secretary on board and Companies House requirements
• Assist with banking and treasury requests from WM Treasury and the business unit finance teams, including closure of bank accounts
• Review and settlement of intercompany balances
• Preparation of cash forecast (TBT) submissions
• Co-ordination with MIS function on all new reporting requirements
• Liaison with shared delivery centres in Amsterdam and India regarding SAP journal postings and reporting deliverables, including clearing down balances in SAP company codes as applicable
• Subject matter expert within Corporate Finance department on statutory and tax reporting processes, issues and technical updates
• Coaching and development of intern, including regular VAT and statutory accounts training
• Recently ACCA / ACA qualified
• Financial or Management Accounting experience is required, some of which will have been in a US GAAP reporting environment, ideally with exposure to international operations
The Nice to Haves
• Ideally Big Four audit firm qualified
• Experience of preparing UK GAAP Statutory Accounts and liaising with external auditors
• VAT return preparation experience and corporation tax experience is not required, as training will be provided
• Media, gaming or film production accounting
• Knowledge of SAP a distinct advantage
• Detailed knowledge of MS-Office, in particular Excel to intermediate level and a proven ability to learn other PC application software
• Proven ability to work independently and support other team members as appropriate
• Ability to communicate complex financial information to relevant internal and external parties
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence both financial and non-financial people
• Proactive in seeking improvements to current accounting and participations procedures
• Proven track record in working to deadlines and under time pressure
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1vzm-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.