Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, Warner Bros. Games Montréal, and more!
WB Games Inc., is looking to hire a Director, Infrastructure & Applications.
This role requires strong leadership and management skills, a very proactive and collaborative working style, the ability to navigate ambiguity and be effective in a matrixed organization, a commitment to developing talent in the organization, and strong communication and technical skills.
• Facilitate the creation of great games in close collaboration with development teams and studio GTS teams.
• Manage and streamline the newly created Infrastructure and Applications organization (comprised of central infrastructure, network, service delivery, and DevOps teams) into a highly effective team focused on helping to improve the overall efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, scalability, and security of WB Games' IT infrastructure and service offerings
• Ensure critical IT services such as collaboration tools (Box, Confluence, Jira, Slack), data transfer services (Aspera), and cloud services (O365, AWS) run at peak performance, with appropriate security patches
• Partner with studio, GTS, and business leaders to develop and execute a multi-year plan to establish and maintain an IT infrastructure that can support studio needs and WB Games' aggressive growth and expansion plans, while operating at a high level of efficiency
• Collaborate across WB Games studios to help identify, promote, and share best IT practices, tools, and processes; assessing and developing optimal levels of automation and standardization across studios for applications, infrastructure, tools and operating procedures, while taking full account of differing studio needs and requirements
• Be a proactive and constructive partner to the studios, WB Games Corporate, and WBT/Warner Media/Warner Bros. Discovery, ensuring appropriate adherence to WB/WM/WBD standards and capturing the benefits of being a part of a larger organization
• • 7-10 years IT experience with games or other software development companies. Technical expertise with networks, applications, cloud management, storage, and security.
• Minimum 3-5 years in a management position with experience managing technology, staff, and budgets especially as it relates to managing remote teams across several times zones.
• Demonstrated success in managing technical services across remote sites with matrixed staffing models.
• Passion for transforming an organization and driving continuous improvement.
• Must be able to work with independent studio management and IT staff to build consensus for policies and initiatives.
• Proven experience building relationships and ensuring end-user satisfaction across a large, distributed organization while balancing enterprise and business-specific requirements and constraints.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment (game industry preferred) and ability to work collaboratively across groups of varying discipline and level.
• Customer service and collaboration skills with a consultative approach.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong project and technical management skills.
• Games industry related experience is helpful, in particular version control software (eg Perforce, SVN) and collaboration tools (eg Jira, Team Foundation Server, Slack). Experience in supporting teams using creative industry applications such as Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, 3ds Max is also an advantage.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar related fields or equivalent work experience is required.
• Masters' Degree is desirable but not required.
• Knowledge of and passion for video games is a plus.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbxnm-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.