Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The WB Games Burbank Desktop Support Lead will be an integral member of the Burbank studio team and the WB Games global IT team. This role will lead the IT support function within the Burbank studio and closely collaborate with business process owners to identify, recommend, implement and support technology solutions.
An ideal candidate will be highly technical, able to take on subject matter expertise in some of our systems and applications and be able to provide daily support to a busy game development studio. The Burbank studio will rely on this candidate to ensure success of our game development, colleagues will look to this role for escalation and support daily.
This individual will work with studio and enterprise teams in planning, design, documentation, and implementation of technology services including desktop, laptop, software, network and other IT services. This is a technical lead position, and as such requires a customer centric ''hands-on'' approach within areas of responsibility.
An ideal candidate will be an experienced IT engineer who has worked in a fast-moving business, with several years of customer facing leadership experience. We are looking for self-motivated candidates, comfortable with taking ownership and providing customer support in a collaborative manner.
The role will be based on site in Burbank, California. As the studio grows this position could also lead an IT team.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Manage desktop support services and oversee management of company assets including hardware, software, and licenses. Identification and acquisition of new software and/or hardware to suite requirements. Work with WB Games purchasing team and technology suppliers.
• Work with studio stakeholders and enterprise teams to align IT priorities and work with business objectives.
• Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel.
• Work with IT leadership and the studio management team to formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient technologies and provide the tools needed to support development.
• Create, follow, and maintain documentation, standards, and best practices in alignment with enterprise IT guidance.
• Work with Warner Brothers Discovery technology team to support and implement solutions as required within the WB Games Burbank office.
• Provide daily desktop IT support to studio staff throughout the business (troubleshooting / diagnosis, and resolution or escalation).
• Record details of support requests in Jira and ensure procedures and other documentation are accurate and updated to reflect changes.
• Operating System image creation, maintenance, and deployment.
• Workstation and server maintenance (deployment of applications, correcting faults, updating drivers/firmware, etc).
• Setup, update, and fault diagnosis of console platforms (e.g. Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch) and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
• Transferring licenses between machines as projects change and people move between tasks, ensuring that license documents are kept up to date.
• Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network, storage, and server equipment (e.g. patching, configuring/installing switches and servers etc).
• Creation and maintenance of Active Directory objects (eg: user and service accounts; mailing lists; security groups; etc) via graphical tools, command line tools, and scripting.
• Creating and maintaining documentation for departmental use and for consumers of IT support services, for example, to include but not limited to IP address register, asset registers, setup/standards docs, FAQ's, how-to's etc.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
• Actively participate in security remediation and risk mitigation activities to protect company information, intellectual property, and assets. This includes, but is not limited to patch and vulnerability management, periodic verification procedures, and implementation of established solutions and procedures in compliance with corporate Information Security Policies.
• Utilize enterprise tools to ensure compliance with security requirements.
• Participate in the development of IT strategy in collaboration with WB Games developers, central WBG IT organization, and the executive team. Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Maintain and monitor all network, security, and computer systems.
• Any other ad-hoc IT duties that may be required to provide an effective and efficient service
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Information Technology support function, including responsibility for problem analysis, hardware, software, tech support, network troubleshooting and infrastructure management.
• Experience achieving results in a cross-functional, team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate, collaborative environment.
• Proven ability to ensure technology objectives, investments and implementations are aligned with strategic and cross-functional business unit objectives.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management.
• Experience establishing service level expectations, performance metrics, and adhering to those metrics across a large portfolio.
• Ability to manage the workload and prioritization across a broad range of tasks.
• Flexible during times of change. Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, combined with the ability to tailor communication to a variety of individuals, including end-users, managers, senior executives, IT teams, and vendors.
• Leadership and decision-making skills and strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Working technical knowledge of network, active directory, and computer operating systems (server and desktop, Windows, Mac, and Linux), hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Good understanding of contemporary IT concepts such as Cloud Computing and Business Process Automation.
• Able to estimate, plan, organize and manage projects and tasks associated with minimal direction in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience administering a Windows and Macintosh client environment, including image creation and provisioning, antivirus, patch management, remote assistance, and security tasks.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directive and attentive to detail.
• Experience in Microsoft System Centre suite desirable.
• Experience in a technical cust
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojvep-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.