The position is based at Warner Bros. De Lane Lea, which provides sound and picture post production as well as Dailies services for feature films and television. WBDLL comprises of comprehensive facilities including Sound Re-Recording and ADR stages, Grading Theatres, Preview Theatres and a full complement of highly-equipped supporting departments in addition to cutting rooms and a bar/café based in the heart of Soho and at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
The Data I/O Operator is responsible for data and content movement and coordination throughout the facility, across multiple platforms and equipment configurations.
• Expedite work orders for both picture and audio departments
• Reading and writing data to various media formats across multiple platforms and equipment configurations.
• Ensuring media management and archiving protocols and procedures are adhered to.
• Provide prompt and secure handling of all material received and sent from the facility.
• Log, track, QC, and communicate with production teams after receiving delivery materials
• Digital file transmission using Aspera Faspex and ASCP programs, Signiant, etcetera.
• Managing of disk space within a post production storage environment.
• Develop scripts and/or programs to automate operations and simplify processes.
• File manipulation including renaming, renumbering, metadata information, etc.
• Interact directly with client facing personnel to establish scope of data work required and assisting in architecting an appropriate workflow for each production.
• Enforce retention policies; monitor storage volumes to prolong disk health.
• Work directly with engineering department to troubleshoot and remedy equipment issues.
• Adhere to established and approved in house workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and archiving content.
• Skills Required:
• Excellent IT skills
• Good working knowledge of digital cinema workflow, camera types and formats, codec's, framerates, colour spaces and industry standard deliverable formats.
• Ability to recognize different file formats/image size resolutions for file processing and quality control
• Work a flexible schedule; weekend and evening shifts are possible
• Good level of knowledge of all delivery formats is essential for this role as is a good understanding of the post-production process & technical requirements for international delivery.
• Excellent working knowledge of Aspera and other secure file transfer networks and platforms.
• Full understanding of tapeless workflows
• Good working knowledge of digitizing, transcoding, logging, syncing and grouping
• Exposure to processes and etiquette around high end episodic television drama and studio feature films.
• Good to have (systems) : Mac OS, Linux, Unix, Windows, Baselight, Flame, Adobe Creative Cloud, AVID, Protools, Clipster, Transkoder and various standard post production systems and platforms. Experience with EDL's, OMF/AAF's, various quicktime codecs, etc
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxy14-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.