Assistant Editor, Video Ops (Temporary)
Job Posting Title: Assistant Editor, Video Ops
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Assistant Editor will be joining a Postproduction Operations team at CNN Digital focused on delivering top-quality documentary work for the new CNN+ streaming service. Reporting to the Postproduction Supervisor, this role will have a wide range of responsibilities within the post pipeline such as working with production teams to find and assemble the story clips and audio, enabling editors to do their best work with excellent project and media organization, and ensuring that all deliveries are 'to spec' in every detail. This requires a growing knowledge of and passion for post, combined with strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced news and documentary production environment. This is a New York based position.
• Create Adobe Premiere Pro projects, import media assets, and organize bins and sequences for multiple fast-paced edits. Stay in close touch with editors to maintain projects in progress, including longform collaborative edits using the Premiere ''Productions'' feature set.
• Work closely with post supervisor, production teams, and edit staff to make sure they have what they need throughout the edit and delivery process and improve their experience.
• Edit selects and b-roll, sync audio, conform graphics, export screeners and deliverables, etc.
• You will be expected to own your responsibilities as assigned and come back for more.
• Learn, understand, and maintain post workflows and technical standards.
• Be a clear and effective liaison between different workflows, locations, and stages of the post process (ex: edit and color correction).
• Includes periodic QC responsibilities as part of the delivery process.
• 1+ years' experience in post-production environments, including assistant editor responsibilities.
• Strong interest in documentary editing and ''putting the story together in post.''
• Good technical and creative understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder from personal work experience. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and DaVinci Resolve a plus.
• Experience with and understanding of core technical video standards and the engineering behind them ex: frame rates, codecs, timecode, color grading, audio mix, etc.
• Experience with digital asset management systems, deliverables, and/or quality control a plus.
• Prior work in a fast-paced news, sports, or documentary content creation environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends if needed to support postproduction.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwxjv-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.