This Accounting Manager position leads the Intercompany accounting team within the G&A team and is critical to supporting Warner Media's businesses. The Intercompany G&A team is responsible for the day-to-day accounting support of transactions going between AT&T, Warner Media Corporate, Warner Brothers, Turner, and HBO for Domestic and International. The team is responsible for ensuring transactions are properly recorded and intercompany balances reconciled across multiple ERP systems and teams. This requires an understanding of the complexities of the business and relationships between WM entities. This also requires an understanding of GAAP and the Company's key controls for expense activity, analysis, and the ability to communicate both financial and non-financial information to Finance and Operational partners throughout the company.
• Oversee day-to-day accounting support for Warner Media companies operating in multiple ERP systems
• Serve as a business partner to contacts at AT&T, WM Corp, WB, Turner, and HBO
• Analyze complex transactions and agreements across the businesses to ensure proper recording of accounts and affiliates on all ledgers
• Review reconciliations of intercompany accounts and ensure balancing across entities
Global Business Services (GBS) overview: As trusted business advisors, the Global Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across Warner Media's businesses. The organization is comprised of Record to Report, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Compliance, and Policy. Global Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders.
Specific group overview: General & Administrative (G&A) expenses
The G&A team falls under Operations & Personnel Services in the GBS organization. G&A team responsibilities include, but are not limited to: accounting for Direct Operating and G&A expenses for multiple domestic and international segments. The G&A team performs inter-company accounting and reporting between Warner Media divisions and AT&T.
• Oversees the day-to-day accounting activities of the team
• Lead the team in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
• Review complex entries and supporting documentation
• Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of analyses and understand the financial impact
• Review and communicate detailed variance analyses to upper management
• Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
• Lead special projects and proactively develop accurate ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions
• Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures
• Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the GBS organization and stakeholders
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ew9p-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.