CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news,
and we're embarking on a crucial mission to grow the next generation news and
information consumer product. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional
team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put
CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming - and the directions it goes next
- directly in the hands of consumers. The Internet is changing the news and
information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in
journalism and facts. Our team has a unique ability to marry content, design,
product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community.
You will be joining a new team building products and technology that will bring new
customers to CNN. We work closely with product managers, data scientists, and
product analysts to explore growth opportunities, generate hypotheses, and test
features. We experiment and test across many applications, including web, mobile,
data stack consists of Snowflake, Snowplow, dbt, MixPanel, Tableau, Optimizely,
Airflow, and AWS services. However, we will be flexible in our technology choices as
we leverage internal services, open-source software, and cloud services.
Your ability to be flexible and traverse the full stack will be an asset to us as we
evaluate the tradeoffs inherent in software engineering and experimentation. We
have fun with this everyday: balancing what our users are asking for, what our users
actually do, our current technical strengths, and what new technologies are
emerging and where we want to grow as a team. We hold the ability to choose (or
invent) the right tool for the job in high regard and consider it a critical part of our
In this remote world, we value your ability to work independently and allocate time
sensibly while communicating with high emotional intelligence. We are enriched by
the diversity of approach and perspective across our team and are excited to deepen
our understanding with your contributions. The opportunity to put an amazing
consumer experience in the hands of a large audience motivates us to move quickly
and put our best work forward. If this resonates with you, we look forward to meeting
Technical Skills/Experience Required:
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with AWS services, such as Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, Elasticache, S3, MWAA and CloudFront
• E xperience in Python/Java and SQL
• Experience writing and utilizing APIs and Microservices
• Unit testing experience
• A|B testing and consumer testing platforms
• Experience building performant solutions for high traffic websites
Personal Skills/Experience Required:
• You are excited to learn and ready to take on new challenges
• A passion to grow professionally. Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• You are excited to add positively to the culture of CNN, both from an interpersonal level and from a code improvement standpoint
• You are excited and eager to take on mentoring of more junior engineers, and you ideally have experience doing so in the past
• You are passionate about improving the code you touch and interact with
• You are an effective communicator of information via written and technical mediums and enjoy making usable technical documentation
Nice to have:
• Experience with strategies to monitor code health, infrastructure health and performance of applications
• Experience with Operations, CI/CD, and DevOps.
• Experience with data platform Snowflake
• Familiar and proactive with RCA and PMR processes
• Knowledge of Spark
• Experience working on Scrum teams and the tools used for project management
• Active in the technology community
• Experience with interviewing and talent acquisition
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $117,600.00 - $218,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6106q-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.