People & Culture Partner (HRBP)
Your New Role
This role will be the People & Culture Partner for Warner Bros. Discovery in Japan. The role holder will be accountable for end to end P&C support from strategic business partnership to employee experience across all our lines of business- from Theatrical, Networks, Consumer Products, Content Licensing, Anime Production, Japanese Film Production, Game and corporate functions.
As we pivot from our multiple legal entities and lines of businesses to form and become One WBD Team on the back of a merger, we need to stay laser focused on building a strong culture where every individual can do their best work. We are looking for a passionate leader who loves making a difference and plays to win to spearhead our People & Culture work in the country.
The incumbent should be an HR subject matter expert, but also practical and execution focussed in their approach.
One should be comfortable to coach senior leaders in the business to be their trusted advisor as well as leverage resources/ CoE Support from the wider global WBD ecosystem and enjoy working in a diverse environment.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Drive the People & Culture strategy to meet the short-term and long-term needs to the business.
• Actively contribute to the business strategy; provide People & Culture expertise and proactively create ways for building new WBD Culture in the region with focus on DEI.
• Serve as People & Culture advisor, coach and partner to the Japan leadership team.
• Contribute & participate in broader People & Culture projects across the APAC/ International.
• Continuously strive to provide best practice advice and support, through information sharing internally and external benchmarking.
• Connect people, teams and organization to execute the strategy. Find ways for Managers/ Senior leaders to create meaningful connections with each other and their teams.
• Create exceptional employee experiences through the employee lifecycle. Ensure our organization's treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our business values and objectives. Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points.
• Partner with Legal, Comms, Finance and other corporate functions and Business leaders on managing any sensitive organization matters.
• Use data to analyze casework trends to produce strategic, proactive recommendations to P&C and the Business to proactively address and mitigate systemic issues
• Partner in Harmonization of people programs, policies and practices to sustain a positive work environment for all employees.
• Be operationally strong as well as hands on.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ability to persuade, negotiate and communicate effectively and independently.
• Able to influence in a matrix environment. Proven experience in conflict resolution practices within a sophisticated matrixed environment is helpful.
• Knowledge of Employee and Labor Relations practices, laws and regulations
• Project management and process improvement experience a plus
• This individual must be self-motivated, showing strong initiative and excellence.
• Build collaborative relationships within business and the People & Culture team- combination of strong gravitas and humanity.
• Enjoys working in agile fast paced environment. Previous experience in fast-growing technology company can be helpful. Apply good judgement to resolve problems & demonstrate flexibility.
• Be a good team player to be able to work with anyone internally and externally.
• Has business level communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Has strong data and numbers process and handling skills in Excel.
• Thrives in diverse multi-cultural/ multi regional teams.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw3kbj-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.