Fiber Tech, Sports (Temporary)
• Your New Role...
• Fiber Optics technician for remote sports broadcast show
• Your Role Accountabilities...
• Resolve, repair and install fiber optics systems and ensure that they work properly
• Follow wiring guidelines, maximum pulling force, bend radius, cable termination
• Take care of fiber splicing and rectify fiber optic problem areas
• Execute premises cabling and take care of the underground and underwater cabling requirements
• Creating sensors and performing inspections to make sure that the fiber optic systems do not have defects that could undermine performance
• Qualifications & Experience...
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a Fiber Tech technician for national network remote sports broadcasts
• Must have full competency installing and maintaining fiber optic systems for a remote production.
• Must understand fiber optic signal flow; bi-directional, uni-directional or null
• Must be able to read, comprehend and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work
• Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
• Must be willing to travel from home market
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wp6v-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.