Master Control / Hub Operator - Tech / Hub
Broadcast Systems Engineer - WANF
WANF (previously WGCL/CBS46) has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF and WPCH provides the community with award-winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy. The chance to dream where there's space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world's biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.
Provides support for local tv stations and master control hub with broadcast/news and production systems along with assists and trains operators. Performs troubleshooting of hardware and software problems on all Broadcast equipment. Provides prompt service in support of daily News Department operations and other station departments. Performs preventative maintenance as appropriate on equipment. Installs, updates, and documents needed equipment changes to support operational requirements of the facility. Respond to, communicate, manage, and track on-air technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment with the appropriate sense of urgency. Collaborate with engineering management to identify technical needs, design workflows/systems, and implement solutions. Follow station, company and industry standard for installation and documentation of new systems.
- the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above
• Associate's degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Two years of experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or post-production facility preferred.
• Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
• Ability to prioritize and make changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure all while managing multiple projects.
• Ability to communicate efficiently with varying disciplines and personalities.
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate the troubleshooting process to peers
• Strong IT knowledge of computer networking, hardware and software maintenance, and virtual computing platforms is required.
• Comprehensive understanding of production workflows in television – operational familiarity with multiple NRCS, NLE, and automation platforms.
• Desire to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems, and workflows.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule to include overnights, weekends, holidays, and on-call in support of a 24x7x365 Broadcast operation.
• Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as needed.
• Understanding of the requirements of a 24/7/365 live news operation.
• RF knowledge is a plus.
• Good driving record.
Qualified applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WANF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6v7en-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.