WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity and is breaking new ground in episodic storytelling, bringing theatrical quality animation to the series format for Disney+. This role will be located in our Vancouver Studio.
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. The Studio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team of passionate technologists.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides the studio with tech support and services. Primarily a first response position, other responsibilities include hardware/software installation, telecommuting support, collaboration with other technology teams to provide support where needed, and exploring process improvements. TSEs partner with stakeholders, artists, and technologists to provide all necessary equipment and systems to enable the most effective & efficient work experience for studio employees, whether on site or remote.
• Provide Help Desk/Service Center style support, monitoring inbound technical support requests, calls, and tickets for all studio employees.
• Handle support issues from start to resolution, escalating only when necessary.
• Collaborate with other technology teams as needed to determine the best solution to challenges.
• Partner closely with WDAS Burbank technology teams to assure consistent support methods and policies across sites
• Work closely with artists to better understand evolving workflows and related hardware needs.
• Provide support for onboarding and tech training for new hires
• Installation of desktop hardware including workstations, displays, tablets, and related peripherals.
• Install/support a wide array of software, both internally-developed and third party.
• Support multiple hardware and operating system build processes including Mac, Linux, iOS and Windows, as well as related software & accessories.
• Basic support of some server & network equipment
• Basic support of A/V and media systems
• Work with studio leadership to continually improve tech support procedures and policies. Help to define how end-user support should be coordinated, delivered, standardized and communicated.
• Create thorough documentation of processes and procedures.
• Maintain a flexible schedule including possible night or weekend work.
• Minimum 2 years experience with technical support or user support, preferably in a production setting.
• Working knowledge of Mac OS, iOS and Windows operating systems.
• Familiarity with Linux desktop.
• Familiarity with remote desktop technologies, such as PCoIP, Teradici and RGS
• Familiarity with ticket tracking, tech support tools, documentation platforms, and diagnostic systems.
• Proficiency with productivity applications such as OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and administration of these systems.
• Proficiency with common video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Chat and MS Teams
• Ability to diagnose, repair or replace computer system components (storage media/drives, graphics/GPU cards, memory modules, fans, etc)..
• Strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
• Highly self-directed. Manage and prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that inevitably occur when supporting a highly complex, and diverse production environment.
• Ability to lift heavy equipment, install, configure, and maintain desktop/laptop computers and mobile devices.
• Strong familiarity with computer hardware and components, A+ or similar systems administration certification
• Hands-on experience with Linux administration
• Strong Macintosh/Windows system administration skills
• Administration of tracking and configuration management systems such as Jira, Jira Service Desk, Jenkins, Puppet, and MDM systems such as Airwatch
• Experience with/passion for scripting/coding
• Familiarity with CG Animation, VFX, or video game production environments & common pipelines.
• Familiarity with common systems tools and protocols (BIOS, DNS/DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory, Zabbix, DataDog).
• BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e80p-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.