Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich creative legacy of innovation and creativity. WDAS is breaking new ground in episodic storytelling, bringing theatrical quality animation to the series format via Disney+.
Join the MOANA Long-Form Series Team!
MOANA's story continues as an epic musical long-form series event on Disney+ with all the cinematic beauty and emotional punch of the original film! We will follow the spirited voyager Moana as she heads out on a new epic adventure far beyond the reef to other islands, running into old friends and making new ones along the way. We are looking for passionate Story Artists to bring their unique voices and talents to the Moana Series filmmaking team.
What You'll Do:
• Brainstorm ideas and develop visual Story sequences
• Bring your unique perspective and voice to contribute in Story discussions and pitches
• Collaborate with inclusion, curiosity and creativity alongside our films' Directors, Heads of Story, and cross-departmental artists
• Convey the essence of story line, scene structure, and character building in alignment with the direction of a film
• Develop cinematography, staging and cutting of sequences
• Further the structure, clarity and theme of a film
• Maximize a scene's entertainment value
• Pitch storyboard work to artists and filmmakers
• Work collaboratively with leaders and production management to meet the film's deadlines
• Strong drawing skills, ability to work digitally preferred
• Sense of design, appeal, character acting and composition
• Ability to create emotion, humor, and action through continuity boards; emphasis in uniquely subtle, dramatic acting preferred
• Understanding of film structure, cinematic staging and cutting
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Professional experience in Feature Films, Streaming Content, Television Series, Comics, or Games as a Story Artist
• Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply, you must upload a portfolio and a resume consisting of continuity sequences of your storyboard work. Portfolios must be formatted as any of the following:
• Website with sequences in slideshow format
• Video-sharing link (such as Youtube/Vimeo)
• A multipage PDF file, with each board as its own page so we can click through your sequences board by board (you can upload via a GoogleDrive link)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn9nj-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.