Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environment Modeler to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.
• Build complex set and prop models with organized, efficient, polygonal topology including: vehicles, buildings, plant life, terrain and complete set environments. Models will need to be constructed to account for mechanical articulation when necessary.
• Complete organization and packaging of assets for efficient downstream consumption.
• Work well in a collaborative environment.
• Address direction and feedback from Leads, Supervisors and Directors.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling in Maya
• An understanding of ZBrush/Mudbox
• Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
• Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models
• Experience creating stylized environments and props
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
• Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Supervisors and feedback from the Art Director and Director(s)
• Layout experience a plus
• Experience with 3d modeling, set dressing and presentation tools such as Houdini, Blender, Clarisse and Marmoset a plus
• Previous experience with traditional 3D sculpting a plus
• Scripting (Python) background a plus
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes and 2D reference art should be shown.