Walt Disney Animation Studios
Environment designers visually explore environment concepts for animated films, shorts, and special projects. Environment designers collaborate in the creation of animated worlds and their interior logic through the depiction of design ideas, dramatic story moments, mood and tonal pieces, and prop and vehicle designs. Artists also prepare technical designs for downstream departments including orthographic drawings and full render texture reference.
Requirements include a rich imagination, stylistic versatility, strong drawing and painting skills, strong design sensibilities, a mastery of architectural and organic forms, a good color sense, and a general knowledge of the CG process. The ability to work both traditionally and in digital media including 3d is appreciated.
To apply for this position you must upload a resume and a portfolio consisting of your environment design work.
• Professional experience required, feature animation experience preferred
• Proficiency in Photoshop
• Ability to create inspiration and narrative through drawing and painting
• Experience on multiple feature films as a visual development artist
• Strong drawing and painting skills with a sense of appeal, storytelling, composition, and color
• Ability to work collaboratively and take direction
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.