- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
News Anchor / Producer - WAGM
NEWS ANCHOR/PRODUCER (5:30pm) - WAGM
WAGM is a CBS and FOX affiliate, with the #1 rated 6PM News in the Nation! Bordering Canada to the north, east and west. We serve Aroostook County, an area larger than the state of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. Here it is known simply as ''The County''. Enjoy the way life should be, here in the County. With its natural beauty; all four seasons offer new opportunities, from water sports on our numerous lakes, hiking and camping in Aroostook State Park, skiing Big Rock Mountain, or ATVing and snowmobiling our 2300 miles of groomed trails.
Responsible for producing and anchoring the 5:30pm newscast along with being the lead on WAGM website and social media content and some MMJ duties.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
• Produce and create unique, fast-paced newscasts
• Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Perform other tasks as required by News Director
• Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Collaborate with management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases
• Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
• Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports
• Edit video for broadcasts and the web
• Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• All other duties assigned by management
• Degree in broadcast journalism or three years' experience
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo66e-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.