The Cut is looking for an e-commerce editor to drive market and shopping coverage across its digital platforms, editing and commissioning original articles, listicles, and galleries. In addition, we're looking for someone to own our e-commerce efforts across the brand-a high-focus priority for the years ahead. This position will report to Lindsay Peoples, The Editor in Chief, and Joanna Nikas, Deputy Style Editor.
WHO WE ARE
New York Magazine obsessively chronicles the ideas, people, and cultural events that are reshaping our world. The New York brand includes the groundbreaking magazine New York, which is published biweekly in print, and six thriving verticals: Intelligencer, delivering national news and sharp commentary on politics, business, technology, and media; the Cut, covering the conversations that matter most to women today; Vulture, the premier destination for culture news, criticism, and service; the Strategist, dedicated to shopping the internet smartly; Curbed, covering cities and city life; and Grub Street, home to food news and authoritative restaurant criticism.
The Cut, a New York Magazine site, is home to the conversations that matter most to women today - from politics and intersectional feminism to work, money, relationships, mental health and sex - and forward-thinking coverage of fashion and style.
The Cut is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work closely with the Ecommerce team and partnership teams, as well as editors to drive The Cut's e-commerce strategies and sales based on keyword optimization, affiliate relationships, and a deep understanding of market trends
• Identify trends (both in the market and in shopping behavior) and unearth potential growth areas
• Track performance and test new theories to increase our content's value to consumers
• Coordinate across the team to oversee large-scale e-commerce moments like Amazon Prime Day and Cyber Monday
• Maintain a network of freelance writers
• Assign and edit freelance work
• Write quick, fun, fresh stories with a robust and engaging voice
• Monitor traffic and other analytics to understand what coverage is working and adapt quickly when it isn't
• Develop a deep knowledge of the reader's consumer habits
• Contribute ideas for brand extensions such as social media, newsletter, video, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
• 3+ years of professional experience at a digital media brand, preferably in the women's lifestyle space; experience producing content to generate affiliate revenue is a plus
• Ability to write fast, clean copy with a fun voice
• Deep market knowledge of women's fashion as well as gifts and lifestyle market
• Experience balancing many different factors-from SEO and affiliate revenue to traffic and aesthetics-to optimize online content
• Investment in the overall success of The Cut
• Understanding of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Looker, and others
• Bachelor's degree
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is located in NYC. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r70v98-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.