HR Business Partner
WHO WE ARE
We're looking for an HRBP to join the People & Culture Team, within Vox Media! As a member of the HR Editorial Team, you'll drive business strategy across several of our prominent brands working on proactive organizational and talent management, performance management, employee relations, and leadership coaching. This role will act as the day-to-day resource for employees and will partner closely with the growing HR team supporting our brands. You'll report to the Senior Manager of People & Culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Be a trusted advisor and the primary point of contact for executive leadership - providing coaching, feedback and guidance across all things people
• Collaborate with the P&C Team and Executives to design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic workforce planning, change management and learning & development curriculums
• Identify opportunities and partner with the business to drive incremental action across our People & Culture strategy
• Act as a respected and trustworthy resource to employees at every level of the company, while effectively addressing day to day issues including communication effectiveness, performance, career development, compensation, DEI etc.
• Partner with the Senior Manager and VP of People in handling employee relations matters that arise with the highest professional standards, providing counseling and coaching to managers and employees; ensuring an expedited and effective resolution
• Act as a strategic change agent to push and implement constant improvement across the business
• Utilize data to make informed recommendations to the business
• Work alongside cross-functional partners on projects that will help move our business forward, partner teams include Recruiting, Compensation, DEI+, Total Rewards, and Employee Experience.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
• Effectively building trust and strong relationships with executives and employees at your dedicated brand(s)
• Ownership and execution of strategic priority projects (such as performance management, compensation planning, job architecture etc)
• Aligning business needs to effectively advise all things People related to assist in driving business success for the brand(s)
• Skilled communicator with the ability to own the room while adapting to different audiences
• Effectively partner cross functionally across the People, Finance, Employee Experience and IT teams
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Minimum of 4 years of HR generalist experience OR 2+ years of strategic HR Business Partner experience
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including: employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies
• Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and ever changing business environment
• Highly collaborative and solution oriented
NICE TO HAVES:
• Experience working in a union environment
• Experience working with a media organization
• Proficiency in creating internal materials (trainings, data presentations, etc.)
• Experience with in-depth workforce data analysis
• Comfortable with utilizing the Ultipro Platform
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHO YOU ARE
People & Culture is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is a flex. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices . We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication . Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34n0x-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.