WHO WE ARE
Vox Media's Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Director of Client Partnerships will lead a focused book of accounts to turn existing relationships with key advertisers into deep partnerships. The Director will drive revenue via partnerships that span clients' lines of business and leverage multiple Vox Media capabilities from video and display media, to branded content, experiential sponsorships, programmatic, social, and audio advertising.
You will use your expertise, knowledge, and network to unlock the full potential of brands through a unique blend of premier content offerings, high-value audiences, cutting-edge technology, and a deep product portfolio.
This is a high-energy, fast-paced job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with clients and their agencies, deep digital, content, social and programmatic expertise, and the ability to work both independently, and collaboratively with internal teams and senior management to achieve individual as well as broader, company-wide goals.
• Manage a book of business in the Automotive category to achieve and exceed revenue goals, with the ability to pick up accounts outside of the Automotive category
• Maintain a partnership mindset to generate revenue growth above and beyond individual campaigns
• Manage and expand senior-level client relationships and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges
• Consistently communicate market feedback to internal stakeholders as a means of innovating our products and solutions for advertisers
• Enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Collaborate across internal teams like Editorial, Vox Creative, Product, and Insights to develop unique offerings, narratives and tactics to drive impact and engagement with partners
• Effectively manage a sales pipeline, report on roadblocks and opportunities, and provide accurate forecasting and planning insights
• Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Vox Media's advertising products and solutions, and become a champion across the organization as well as in the market
• Consistently communicate market feedback as a means of innovating our products and solutions for advertisers
• Contribute to a positive team culture
WHO YOU ARE
You are extremely passionate about advertising and are a subject matter expert in the advertising and publishing landscape. You have a diverse, senior list of client contacts that you have worked with on multi-channel campaigns and have a demonstrated ability to build client relationships with premium brands in the Automotive category. You are highly self-motivated, a strategic problem-solver, and an excellent collaborator.
• 5+ years experience in advertising sales with a heavy focus on the Automotive vertical.
• Proven track record of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
• An understanding of the breadth of solutions Vox Media brings to market
• Deep passion and knowledge of digital media, technology, the competitive landscape and the entertainment industry's key issues
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• Hunger and self-motivation to exceed revenue goals
• A well established network within the advertising and entertainment industry
• Demonstrated ability to function and communicate effectively at senior client levels
• Exceptional communication skills including strong virtual & in-person presentation skills
• Passion for the Vox Media portfolio of editorial brands and innovative advertising solutions
• Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
• Keen ability to listen with a focus on a consultative selling approach
• Excellent time management skills
• Natural curiosity and never-ending desire to learn
• Passion and knowledge of the online advertising industry
• Willingness to travel as necessary
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is located in Los Angeles. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary, this role may also include a discretionary bonus.
$120,000 — $140,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj47w1-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.