Senior Social Media & Digital Publishing Specialist
London, United Kingdom
VICE x Team
The Video Publishing team is responsible for re-versioning, packaging and publishing VICE content across video-focused platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. The Video Publishing team works closely with content creators, producers, designers and post production teams to generate engagement across properties, utilising data to ensure that VICE's content is released in innovative and effective ways across platforms. We are a nimble team of creative thinkers with a strong focus on operational efficiency and a passion for experimentation.
Role x You
You are somebody who is excellent at driving viewership on releases on YouTube. You have a strong understanding of packaging, great copywriting skills, comprehensive experience of working with the platform, plus an innate understanding of what gets audiences excited on social platforms.
In the short term you'll be managing departmental workflow, optimising processes around scheduling and publishing of videos across platforms. Reporting to the Senior Video Publishing Manager, you'll create high quality thumbnails, titles, copy, review subtitles and deliver other creative assets to drive growth across all social platforms.
But after 6 months in this role we'll see you collaborate on video programming strategies that build retentive audiences across platforms, and use knowledge of online video consumption habits to publish videos and links in the most effective way, ensuring maximum reach and impact.
And after a year you'll conceive of and execute experiments across social platforms to generate video publishing best practices. You will regularly deliver insights to VICE's production teams which helps improve the performance of their films.
You have these:
• Expert knowledge of YouTube
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Strong administrative and operational skills to ensure that all videos are being delivered on time
• Strong copywriting skills, including experience online writing/editing/curating/APing on the web
• Photoshop skills are a must
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Enthusiasm for experimenting with content and programming strategy to optimise for key metrics
• Taste and cultural knowledge: You should have a strong interest in the arts and media
• Strong familiarity with VICE video content and our online presence across platforms
We'd love if you also had these:
• Experience running a YouTube channel is a major plus
• Premiere or video editing is a major plus
• Second language
• Strong familiarly with metadata and SEO best practices
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
Equal Employment Opportunities
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Please note you must have the right to work the UK to be considered for this role
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.