The Supervising Producer (APAC) works across both Digital and VICE World News LOBs for VICE APAC. This role will be accountable for the smooth functioning of the video team across all processes. They will be the single point of contact for most inter-department communications as well as over-seeing all communication & updates.
The Supervising Producer will work closely with the Line Producer (APAC) , Head of Video, and Head of Content APAC to ensure we achieve the highest level of quality videos in the most efficient way.
• Main point of contact between all departments i.e. Video, Editorial, Audience Dev, R&C, Legal, International teams.
• Helping optimise day-to-day operations of the department.
• Delivering efficiencies through new and innovative work processes.
• Maintain clear lines of communication with global teams to ensure inter departmental efficiencies across the region, whilst helping to nurture a collaborative and unified production approach.
• In-charge of the video programming calendar - in consultation with the VP Content and Director, Video and international teams.
• Maintain trackers of all video content produced across News and Digital in various stages of production.
• With News, makes sure we are executing the 90 min/month deliverable along with Director of Video, within budgets.
• Must ensure delivery of a slate of digital content as decided between them, the Director Video and VP Content on a quarterly basis - all within budget.
• Overseeing and liaising with the Global Security team on any high risk shoot assessments and team briefs.
• Ensuring all Company protocols are disseminated and adhered to across all projects and shoots - COVID Protocols, Security Protocols, R&C and Filming Guidelines etc.
• Aligning with Editorial Content Manager on programming across video and editorial - specifically tentpole content.
• Works closely with Global Video leads/supervising producers to communicate effectively the updated APAC programming/release schedule.
• Works closely with APAC Post production supervisor to ensure timely deliveries are per programming commitments.
• Overseeing and managing the Publishing process. Sending update emails for publishing company wide to relevant teams.
• Working with Local and Global teams to ensure flipping of APAC content to increase reach and engagement.
• Working with the Audience Growth team to ensure video socials are programmed in conjunction with .com.
• Supervising execution of a video's social and promotional plan in conjunction with Audience Growth and Producers
• Supervising/monitoring R&C across all videos along with the R&C/Archival Associate along with APAC/global legal teams
• Project Managing any awards entries we may have in video across the year.
• Supervising subscriptions, accounts and agreements that apply to the whole content business for Editorial Video content with R&C/Archival Associate - e.g. Shutterstock.
• Manage and update Shared Drives with all video decks, docs and sheets into google folders that the video team can access at any time.
• Ensuring regular update calls occur between local and global video news teams to understand plans, details to help create a programming calendar.
• Legal/contracts to pass through the supervising producer - they will work with country legal times to standardise all contracts for shoots, licensing.
• Work with Line Producer/Director, Video/VP Content on any processes ,shoots, fire-fighting required across the board.
• 6+ years of experience in content production.
• Content Production experience of handling large scale shoots that could span multiple days/cities/countries.
• A basic understanding of legal contracts (for talent/vendors, and rights and clearances).
• A basic understanding of budgeting and working on microsoft excel.
• Methodical, organised and thorough.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production.
• Ability to effectively communicate across multiple LOB's, create and maintain trackers and decks when required.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Willingness to continue learning to adapt to technology and production processes to further assist the APAC production team.
• Excellent verbal and written English, fluency in other languages spoken across the region will be an advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7m5m-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.