VICE Media Group is seeking a talented engineer to join in the development and maintenance of the CMS and reader-facing front-ends. The engineer will work closely with the Product, Design, and API teams to maintain the VMG sites and apps, in addition to building entirely new features and functionality from the ground up.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with Product, Design, API engineers, and other stakeholders to ship new features to our internal CMS and the front-ends for Vice.com, Refinery29.com, and other brand sites.
• Work with modern web technologies like React, NextJS, Apollo GraphQL, and Storybook
• Participate in the development of new features and bug fixes across the Front-End team
• Work closely with other Engineers to enrich and optimize the user experience at Vice Media
• 1-2 years experience, Coding Bootcamp graduate, or equivalent AS or BS Degree
• Experience utilizing React and accompanying frameworks such as NextJS
• Displayed understanding of REST and GraphQL APIs
• Experience working in an agile team environment
• Focus and attention to detail in written and verbal communication
• Strong sense of product ownership
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with build tools like Webpack, Vite, Snowpack, and Parcel to distribute across multiple applications
• Knowledge of Design System architecture with Storybook
• Experience in digital media and publishing
• Experience with VueJS
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience with Express
• An eye for aesthetics in product design
• Experience with Figma
• Dedicated to full test coverage with tools like Jest & Cypress
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn86z-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.