Full Time Job
Senior Project Manager German Speaking
Vice Media Group
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSenior Project Manager (m/f/x) German speaking
The Senior Project Manager for VIRTUE Vienna operates as the control tower for key client projects not only for the Austrian market.
She/he is responsible to track the health of all projects and supports the Account Team, Leadership Team and Growth Team to assure that projects are set-up and completed successfully.
When required the Senior Project Lead will be in direct correspondence with Client partners and act Client facing during meetings, specifically during the set-up phase of a project or partnership, but also during production phases or when sharing of reconciliations and project tracking.
• Autonomously translate client brief into requirements: develop scopes, budgets, timelines for projects and retainer set-ups across existing and new clients.
• Directly maintain projects (paid, pitch & interco) in all systems (Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday)
• Track projects when live: manage changes to the project scope, timings, and costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Align with Resource and Operations to monitor resource feasibility and red-flag potential bottlenecks throughout the process
• Handle project closure, reports and reconciliations including profitability checks, defining key learnings for upcoming briefs to be played back to Leadership teams when required, both internal and Client facing.
• Support the Resource and Operations team to build and maintain freelance relationships and negotiate rates to assure good value deals.
• Identify and manage best suiting third party suppliers for efficient and effective project execution
• Support the Resource and Operations team to assure that internal resources and third parties/vendors are utilised at max accountability and relevance throughout execution of projects
• Consult with the Leadership Team as well as Operations to give recommendations on process optimization, resource accountability and overall project profitability
• Operate as go-to person for the Account team for consultation and problem solving throughout each project stage
• At least 8 years of experience in creative project management (or similar) field at agencies or brands with proven team/department management experience
• Must be German-speaking, mother tongue or bilingual. Also fluent in written and spoken English
• Proven organizational skills and abilities
• Experience building budgets (project, retainer), timing plans, working with vendors
• Excellent Client communication skills, experienced starting and deepening client partnerships
• Creative problem-solving
• Excellent communication - written and verbal
• Agility, adaptability and flexibility
• Conflict resolution and proven management skills
• Self-awareness and encouragement of others
• Positive reinforcement and supporting a culture of innovation with the other teams
• On-going pursuit and growing knowledge of industry (media and creative agencies, video and photography production, brand) and competition.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkopo-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Vice Media Group
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.