Vice Media Group
Senior Communications Strategist (Virtue Americas)
Senior strategists are the MVPs of a healthy communications strategy department. You are becoming a self sufficient strategist who has a deep understanding of a variety of touch-points, and can handle leading conversations, developing comprehensive frameworks, making sense of complex ecosystems and working with client and creative teams without significant supervision.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with a Strategy Director to develop breakthrough and actionable communication and channels plans.
• Own, manage, and run client deliverables on our accounts.
• Lead in crafting communication frameworks and go-to market strategies for a variety of different campaigns.
• Be the primary contact for briefing in and managing relationships with media partners.
• Work closely with insights & analytics and client teams to develop KPIs and establish measurement plans for tracking success.
• Have a finger on the pulse for what's happening in the moment and be the go-to resource for emerging platforms, social media best practices, and new products & tools.
• Inform planning projects from inception to completion: develop strategy decks that are inspired by brand objectives, audience insights and competitive landscape, assist in writing briefs, collaborate with creative to inspire tactics and guide with best practices, work with account and client teams, and continue to see the project through across all its subsequent phases.
• Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key department heads and employees across the business including account, creative, analytics, and more.
• Support new business growth on existing and prospect accounts alongside the account lead and other team members within VIRTUE.
• Can play a lead role in thought leadership initiatives.
• Can be impactful in sharing knowledge and working with junior strategists.
• Always striving to make the work better.
EXPERIENCE + SKILLSET
• 4-7 years of relevant experience.
• Can identify comms-specific research needs, recognize partners/platforms required to get necessary information, and aggregate findings into an actionable document with some oversight.
• Can understand media planning best practices to inform our creative tactics.
• Can uncover unique ways of reaching/speaking to consumers that inspires creative.
• Can develop a communications frameworks from scratch, presenting business objectives, messaging, channel, consumer and KPI details in a format that's account-specific with some oversight.
• Can craft a cogent and compelling argument in email, document, or conversation.
• Can lead strategy on at least 3 projects of varying complexity and sizes, with regular oversight and feedback coming from manager.
• Can support pitches and larger clients.
• Have a voice in writing, thinking and presenting.
• Can create inspiring briefs and comprehensive comms slides that flow in/out seamlessly with the larger presentation.
• Can handle client meetings on your own, as appropriate.
• Are able to work closely with creatives throughout the process.
• Can lead platform research, have established relationships with channel/vendor partners, and can consolidate information uncovered in the process without guidance.
• Understand business and market dynamics and how to affect them.
• Are an early adopter of marketing trends, technological advancements and have a well-informed opinion on the ever-evolving media landscape.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97j57-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.