Project Manager (studio)
The VICE Media Group (VMG) is an international media company that captures people at the heart of all our stories. We focus on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1,500 pieces of content every day. The company has five lines of business: Digital (VICE, Refinery29 and i-D), an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 26 offices around the world.
VMG x Vision and Values
We are here to create a place for people and their ideas. VICE was started by people who wanted to make things they cared about, and who took on the world with curiosity, radical thinking, and an audacious spirit. We are still that company. That is why our values are:
• Bring Who You Really Are
• Grow While You're Here
• Do Work That Means Something To You
VMG x Team
This role sits in the Product Operations team (within the Product & Engineering department) and supports the Product Studio. This role helps to optimize the efficiency and output of the Product Studio team's processes and resources. As the gatekeeper of the Product Studio team's process, they are to ensure proper assets, requirements, timelines are captured & that any blockers are removed and are communicated to ensure delivery success.
Role x You
VICE is looking for a motivated self-starter to join our team as Project Manager Studio. The main focus of this role:
• Managing the custom commercial projects we execute together with our clients. Think of customised user-facing experiences, such as bespoke and technically advanced web experiences (micro-sites) or special features on branded partner pages.
• Redesign processes to support scalability. These commercial projects are relatively new to the Product Studio and we're going to expand the amount of requests towards the end of the year. Currently our workflows and resources are not structured in a way to do so, so this will be another focus of this role. We're looking for someone to organise this.
Key responsibilities include:
• Track progress throughout the duration of a project (from definition to launch and beyond) with a mindfulness toward dependencies, and facilitate effective communication within and across teams.
• Scope and determine milestones and schedules. With the ability to make changes to project plans and priorities and to help manage downstream impacts to other project timelines and resource capacity.
• Coordinate effective collaboration protocols between Product Design and internal teams by facilitating internal communication between multiple internal stakeholders (account manager, designers, developers, animators, illustrators, etc) throughout the pitch and execution process.
• Identify and remove blockers to enable Product Designers to work productively toward project goals.
• Take the lead on ensuring projects move forward seamlessly and efficiently by coordinating Product Design meetings and check-ins.
• Keep Asana updated and clean for quick and efficient understanding of resource capacity and project status.
• Review and update our current commercial operations in a way to scale the amount of incoming requests.
You have these:
• 2-4 years working experience in an agency or competitive media / publishing company.
• Advanced knowledge of design, video, or media operations including workflows and processes
• Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, product managers, designers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels.
• Experience working with web-based graphics editing and user interface design service tools, software and project management systems is a major plus.
We'd love it if you also had these:
• The desire and drive to learn the ins and outs of thriving media companies varied platforms.
• The headspace to think through creative ideas in an organised and constructed way
• Passionate about UI/UX and web design principles
• HTML/CSS/JS, or willingness to learn
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as technical problem solving skills.
• Detail-oriented, highly-organized and ability to follow-through a must.
• Ability to work independently and juggle multiple workflows at once.
• A patient attitude to deal with a variety of situations and personalities.
• Motivated self-starter who takes pleasure in problem-solving and working with some autonomy.
Working at VMG
VMG prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures; so we don't just 'tolerate' differences, we celebrate them and see them as essential to our staff, culture and business.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our culture. We strive to create a happy and healthy workplace for our team
Due to the nature of the programs we create, International travel may be required from time to time including some travel over weekends - time in lieu is always provided.
We expect all employees to be an ambassador for the business at all times representing the VICE Media brand with respect to the way we conduct business, the standard of work we deliver, and the culture we adopt.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d555o3-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.