Who we are
Pulse Films is an award-winning, independent, modern-day studio encompassing the development, production, financing, and distribution of cross-platform content for audiences worldwide. Pulse HQ is in London with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and Berlin. Dedicated to creating moments of culture through innovative storytelling, Pulse Films operates under the following divisions: Film, Television, Branded Entertainment, Music and Commercials, and digital.
We are looking for a bright, motivated Junior Production Accountant to provide support to the finance department for an initial period of six months. The ideal candidate will work comfortably with numbers, have a working knowledge of accounting principles, and have experience with MS Excel. The Junior Production Accountant will report directly to the US Head of Finance & Operations and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Responsible for implementing Pulse accounting policies to freelance production teams, coordinating with the teams for the duration of the project, as well as filling requests for checks, wires, and credit card purchases.
• Oversee all users and projects in the production/accounting system used at Pulse Films
• Assisting staff Production Accountant with processing freelance payroll including reviewing and submitting time cards, reviewing payroll audits, coding and entering payroll invoices.
• Responsible for the Accounts Payable function, which includes
- coding and processing of invoices
o credit card reconciliation
- petty cash reconciliation
- expense reimbursement
• Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers.
• Assisting US Head of Finance & Operations with audit requests and any ad hoc accounting projects.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree. Accounting or a Business-related field a plus
• 1-3 years experience in Accounts payable and/or production accounting procedures.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Be well organized, a self-starter, detail-oriented, and reliable.
• Have a strong work ethic and a professional attitude.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles is a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, agencies, and vendors.
• Capability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume
• An environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
The salary will be flexible based on experience and we'd like a quick start if possible.
Pulse Films are committed to being an inclusive hirer and employer. If you require any assistance in submitting your application or have any questions about reasonable adjustments you might need during the recruitment process, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently working from home due to the pandemic. We are planning on a phased return to office working but we do not have any dates set yet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7v5m-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.