Vice Media Group
Years of Experience: 2 - 4
Reports To: Creative Director or Group Creative Director
Department/Line of Business: Virtue
Location: United States
The art-based or copy-based Creative works closely with their partners and/or other creative team members to conceptualize and develop integrated ideas and executions for clients and internal projects. They are responsible for developing and executing creative ideas with a keen focus on their craft, whether conceptual art, visualisation, and design, or copywriting, tone of voice, and narrative expression. This position requires a knowledge of societal and cultural issues and figures, broader creative trends, as well as knowledge of creative techniques, tools, and software as related to your specific area of craft.
• Concept ideas that support the strategic and creative vision of the project
• Pivot creative direction on projects with comfort and ease
• Balance multiple work streams effectively
• Work with creative and production team members to solidify shoot flow, wardrobe and set styling, VO briefs, music briefs, edit, etc as needed.
• Push the craft on assigned projects through execution and creative vision, whether through copywriting, visual storytelling, design, etc.
• For art-based creatives, during post-production workflows, assist on all art creation details and output, from type to color, and image selections
• Partner effectively with all team members across the agency, including strategy, production, account management and operations
• Contribute to business development processes and pitches
• Proficiency your craft, depending on art-based or copy-based background
• Art: capabilities in layout, photography, typography, graphics, color, design, etc
• Copy: capabilities in writing copy, rationales, scripts, tone of voice, storytelling, etc
• Ability to develop creative ideas that are on brief and sellable
• Ability to distinguish between conceptual ideas and executional ideas
• Interest in presenting to clients directly
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Self-motivated and sees potential in all projects
• Seeks feedback and is open to constructive critique
• Constantly seek to overdeliver
• Excellent time management skills; can work across 2-3 projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in appropriate software based on your craft
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kqe3-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.