Video Production Assistant (Junior Content Producer Apprentice Level 3)
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this for you?
• Are you a good team player who is eager to learn and get stuck in?
• Do you have a good eye for detail?
• Are you a good at multitasking?
• Are you a recent school or college leaver not seeking to go to university?
• Are you able to commit to a 15-month programme starting in September 2021?
What is the role?
As a Video Production Apprentice for ViacomCBS' London-based Digital Team, your role and training will include the editing, post-production and delivery of video-led social media content for the company's Youth & Entertainment channels, with a focus on MTV and Comedy Central. At times, the role will also include assisting on shoots, by filming content on location or in the studio
• Part of the Digital Production team, producing a variety of social media content for the company's Youth & Entertainment channels including linear derivative content, original short-form series, daily news content, general entertainment formats and ad-hoc creative edits.
• Work closely with brand, publishing and creative teams to learn how to bring ideas to life.
• Build a strong understanding of the editorial direction of all brands, including the voice, tone, and creative development of content.
• Work closely with Video Editor and wider Production team to make sure you are working to your best ability, to deadline and meeting quotas.
• Edit content for all social platforms creatively, to a high standard and with exceptional attention to detail.
• Manage media and archiving of your footage and edits, and support this process across the department.
• Assist shooting, lighting and recording audio on location and in studio for in-house commissions and ad-hoc content, developing your skills in this area as required.
• Learn to problem solve issues that arise during production.
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need?
• At least five GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C (5-9)
• A genuine interest in TV, media and creating content
• Some video editing experience preferred, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro - even if its just in your spare time
• Someone who is a good problem solver or looks out for better ways to do things
• You will be keen to learn post-production skills, such as colour correcting your edits and delivering carefully to digital and linear specifications, to time and with great attention to detail
• Interest in pop culture
• A real enthusiasm to learn, build relationships and get involved
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced fun environment and can adapt to changing requests
• Someone who is eager to work with people, in a team but also open to taking responsibility for tasks and able to be relied upon to take on tasks
• We take pride in maintaining and creating an inclusive culture so we want you to be your true self in the role, work well with diverse teams and collaborative environments
• You'll get a lot of training but you will need to have some basic IT skills like, Microsoft word/excel/PowerPoint/email
• An obsession with social media on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Stories, Snapchat and TikTok.
• First up, get your application in! Closing date is the 6th May 2021!
• You will hear back from us by end of May if we would like to progress you to 1st assessment stage! It's short and fun and you can do it on your phone.
• From here, you'll complete role-specific assessments
• Finally – if you are successful from the testing stages you will be invited to an interview with us (virtually or in the office)
• If that goes well, then we could be saying welcome to the team!
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more about our inclusive culture at ViacomCBS.
We are sorry we cannot reply to all applications due to the volume we receive but if you have not heard from us, unfortunately you will not have been successful in progressing this time.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9338z-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.