CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CBS Sports Digital is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices! Our team at CBS Sports HQ is seeking an experienced, all-sport researcher, with a primary focus on NFL and college football. This role will be able to tell creative stories, with numbers, to provide our viewers with data-driven analysis. Our ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of fantasy sports, gambling and advanced data.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Work directly with all areas of HQ production to ensure we are delivering data-driven analysis to our viewers
• Lead researcher for Fantasy Football Today
• Collaborate with our football analysts and editorial team to enhance to create thoughtful next-level content
• Generate analytical articles to be posted on CbsSports.com
• Generate creative content for all sports, which will be used by talent, producers, APs, PAs and the editorial/ticker team
• Build graphics and assist APs with graphic building
• Create in-the-moment graphics when breaking news occurs and games end
• Produce daily stat-based previews for games taking place same day
• React to live sporting events with in-the-moment notes
• Send out story ideas to help producers craft segments
• Assist all areas of production and provide constructive feedback
• Bachelor's Degree in Analytics, Sports Management, or a related field
• 2+ years working in the sports industry
• Strong interest / passion of sports
• Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw15m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.