Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for energetic, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
• Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
• Create and write factual updated and compelling news copy that is compliant with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
• Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
• Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to contribute to station strategies.
• Proficient desk top editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Vacation-relief show producing duties.
Other duties as assigned.
• Proven successful track record and innovative.
• Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
• Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Three years' experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market.
Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71pop-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.