At Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'.
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with your confidence.
Please know that we list items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you can develop the required capabilities for this role is why we would really like to hear from you.
However you identify and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day!
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Paramount, a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes Paramount Pictures,
Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+ and other media networks.
Paramount Pictures works with the entertainment industry's biggest filmmakers and brightest stars to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Buellers Day Off; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission: Impossible. Recent break-out films such as A Quiet Place, Rocketman and Top Gun: Maverick have further elevated Paramount Pictures film legacy.
Paramount Pictures Australia (PP Australia) is responsible for the sales, marketing, and distribution of theatrical work produced by Paramount Pictures and other Paramount units and studios.
THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE BASED IN SYDNEY WITH #WFH FLEXIBILITY
Enough about us! What you'll do as a National Promotions Executive:
As the successful National Promotions Executive, you will be responsible for providing full campaign support to the National Promotions Team to help achieve high quality marketing collaborations that are innovative and create scale across our Paramount Pictures theatrical releases. You will bring your creativity and passion for Marketing Partnerships along with your experience of dealing with a complex media landscape.
Functions Will Also Include:
• Pitch upcoming films to potential promotional partners including third party brands, media outlets and agencies.
• Create ideas and pitch for cross promotional opportunities with promotional partners.
• Research potential promotional partners, including marketing objectives, plans, spends/values available and proposed creative executions.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders including Head Office teams.
• Assisting and supporting National Promotions Manager with the coordination of brand partner prizing
• Prizing and merchandise management across all promotional campaigns
• End to end management across promotional campaigns
• Working with Promotions team on individual film strategies that elevate
• SAP management including purchase orders, goods receipting, and client payment.
• General ad hoc administrative duties as required/directed
What are we looking for in a National Promotions Executive? What's important?
• 2 years' experience in Media and/or Coordinator position
• Exceptional communications skills & the ability to see each challenge as an opportunity
• Excellent IT skills – MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential
• A proactive self-starter with high levels of integrity and honesty
• Ability to thrive in a team environment & work well under pressure
• Interpersonal skills – including internal and external clients of varying professional levels
• High level of attention to detail and able to manage conflicting priorities
• Creative flair and lateral thinking
Extra Points For The Following, But Not Necessarily Required
• An extensive working knowledge and understanding of the media landscape
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop
• Experience in using SAP
Our culture is at the forefront of our minds and we work collaboratively and creatively across the business to ensure we are always coming up with new ideas and delivering our best work. We make sure employee wellbeing is a priority and some of the ways we celebrate at Paramount are:
• Culture club initiatives such as meditation, offsites, social drinks, film club, book club and more!
• Hybrid working environment with flexibility
• Creative brainstorming and international collaboration
• Mental health support including mental health days, mental health buddy, Employee Assistance Program and the occasional pup in the office to ensure happiness levels stay high!
• Training and development opportunities to ensure your ongoing growth and development
• Access to onsite theatrette and in season movie screenings
But don't just take our word for it, here's what our employees think about us.
• 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
• We hold a 3.9 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia's First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world's oldest living cultures.
We prioritise the health, safety and welfare of our people. As a result, we currently require all our employees who enter a Paramount premises to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in alignment with our Vaccination Position. Please reach out with any questions or to discuss your personal circumstances.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye5m0-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.